Bridgette Fletcher

2019 DISCLAIMER:
i cant believe years later i still have to make this clear. this whole fanfic was written before house of hades and before nico and will began dating. i was 13 and wrote nico as having an interest in girls, obviously i was wrong but at the time did not know. please stop leaving hate/aggressive comments. thanks.

| Annabeth Chase |

The cafeteria was packed at lunch. Somehow the seven of us found a table to ourselves. The food was...well It wasn't the best food ever. Percy and Piper seemed reluctant to talk about their lesson, but Clarisse was ranting about some of the idiots in ours. "-I mean, this dude was practically drooling over my books. And then that guy who was totally flirting with Annabeth-"

⠀"Excuse me?" Percy spluttered as he choked on his sandwich.

⠀"I just ignored him," I brushed off. "He was a total jerk." Leo shook his head as I glanced at him, clearly he didn't want the whole table to know. Percy still looked concerned as Nico decided to start a new conversation. "Well, I didn't get hassled in class, if you were wondering."

⠀"Make any friends?" Piper asked. Suddenly Nico began to blush.

⠀"Erm, yeah. A girl called Courtney, in my class. She's nice." Leo immaturely wolf whistled and Nico went even redder. "It's not like that." He spat at Leo.

Leo nodded, holding back laughter. I glared at him, he was discouraging Nico. "We'll I'm glad you're making friends." I said.

⠀"Look, me and Pipes are going to walk outside, see you all later." Jason said as they picked up their trays and left the cafeteria. Just as they left a girl strode over and slammed her tray down. She had long, wavy dark brown hair, and aquamarine-blue eyes. Her clothes were all black, and her makeup was goth-styled. "Hey," she said. "I'm Courtney."

⠀"Yeah, she looks nice." Whispered Percy sarcastically to Nico.

⠀"Percy!" I punched his arm.

⠀"Can I sit here?" She asked.

⠀"Yeah, sure." I told her.

Clarisse grunted and looked Courtney up and down. "Not a weakling like him are you?"

⠀"Hey!" Nico protested.

⠀"Ha! Weak? Pft, never heard of the word." She laughed. They had a silent stare off while we all say awkwardly watching. "Arm wrestle." Clarisse demanded.

⠀"Sure." Courtney said.

They held hands over the table (not in that way) and got their arms in position. "Okay," I said. "On three. One, two, three!"

For at least 30 seconds it was a tie. They didn't seem to be able to move the other persons arms down. Nico watched in awe and Leo sighed, bored. "We'll be here forever."

⠀"Shush!" Hushed Percy, anxious to see Clarisse lose.

Suddenly, a teacher walked over. "Excuse me? What exactly are you doing?" It was Mr Barns." Clarisse and Courtney released each others hands.

⠀"Just an arm wrestle sir." Clarisse said.

⠀"Well it's not allowed. Don't let me catch you again." Still watching us, he walked away.

⠀"Spoil sport," Courtney muttered.

⠀"I was just about to win." Clarisse breathed under her breath.

⠀"Was not!" Said Courtney.

⠀"Was too!" Yelled Clarisse. Then strangely, instead of fighting, they both laughed. "What just happened?" Percy asked me, worried.

⠀"Clarisse has made a new friend." I smirked. Just then, a girl began walking towards us. Her hair was long, blonde and as straight as a plank, and she looked tall (but she was wearing heels).

She was followed by two other girls, the ones from my Economics class earlier. I think they were called Mya Gillian and Ruby Benton. The blonde one was obviously the leader, and many students in the cafeteria made way for her as she walked forwards, her gaze fixed on someone on our table.

⠀"Hello Percy, how are you?" She said in a girly voice.

⠀"Erm, good, Bridgette." He muttered hiding behind his hands.

⠀"Take your hands away from your face Percy, I can't see how handsome you are." She giggled, and her friends laughed too. I was suddenly bubbling with anger.

Leo was slowly edging away, and Clarisse looked ready to hold me back.

Politely, trying to keep my voice steady, I approached her. "Excuse me, er, Bridgette. But Percy is my boyfriend."

Bridgette stood there shocked. "You..." She said looking between us. "Are his girlfriend? You?"

⠀"Yes." I said firmly. The two girls Ruby and Mya began snickering. Bridgette began whispering to them.

⠀"Have you seen her?" They laughed. "I mean, she's obviously a fake blonde, and her eyes? Scary as hell!"

I clenched my fists and glared at my food. Keep calm, I told myself, keep calm. Bridgette turned back to face Percy.

⠀"I'll see you in class." She glared at me and blew him a kiss as she walked off, her friends giggling. As soon as she was out of sight, I caved.

⠀"Who does she think she is? I clearly told her Percy was MY boyfriend!" I yelled. People were beginning to stare. "If she makes another move on Percy that girl is gonna get it!"

Suddenly, I felt Percy's arms around me. He held me so I couldn't move my arms from my side. "Calm down, please. Look, there's no competition. There is nothing I find attractive about her. You're making, well... A scene. So sit down and chill." Percy's voice was so soothing, I reached up and kissed him.

⠀"Thanks." I sighed, slightly more comforted. But I knew that the Bridgete girl wouldn't give up.

All of a sudden, a student burst into the hall. He had a was of leaflets in his hands, and a crazy look on his face.

⠀"Hey! Everyone! Party at my house tonight! All welcome! Woo!" He shouted. The cafeteria cheered as he flung the leaflets into the air and people began catching them. One landed on our table.

⠀"Party Patrick's awesome house party. 6 until who-knows-when. Bring food, a date, or friends. Rock on!" Leo read out from the leaflet grinning. "We are so going! I've never been to a house party."

⠀"Sounds okay." Clarisse said.

⠀"Party Patrick's parties always get out of hand," Courtney said. "I speak from experience."

⠀"Can we go?" Percy asked me, pleading with his amazing sea-green eyes. Everyone turned to me, it was obvious I was the adult here.

⠀"Fine," I sighed. "We'll talk to Jason and Piper and discuss rules at home."

⠀"Rules?" Groaned Leo.

⠀"Yes, anything could happen. A monster could attack.

Just then the bell rang.

⠀"Well, what do you guys have?" I asked.

⠀"Biology." Said Nico, who had the same as Courtney. They walked off together.

⠀"I have English." Said Leo.

⠀"So do I." Groaned Clarisse. Leo twitched as he followed big bulky Clarisse to class. I turned to Percy hopefully. "Algebra, You?"

⠀"Same!" I said happily, finally in a class with my boyfriend."Let's hope Bridgette isn't in our class too."

Afterword:

So tell me what you thought! this chapter is reasonably long :) hope this ones good!

so sorry for the wait! going to get started on the next chapter!

vote, comment and fan my lovely fans :* advice and feedback welcome!

peace out xxx