It's Hammer Time

| Leo Valdez |

Hammer raised, i steadied myself to attack the Empousa. There was little chance i could actually defeat it without the others, but there was no way to contact them.

"Leo, please, just give me a little explanation?" Agnes said from behind me.

"You wouldn't believe me." I sighed.

She grabbed my free wrist. "Yes, yes i would."

I had my eyes focused on the Empousa in front of me which was finally deciding to make her move. She shrieked and Agnes covered her ears. Just as it charged, i pushed a table in its path and made it stumble. But she just snarled and burnt it to flames. By now all of the cafe's customers had fled, including the staff. The people passing by cried and ran, or got out their phones and talked rapidly down them.

"What do you want?" I called desperately.

"Demigods," She hissed, "And blood." 

Just as she pounced again, something large and chair-shaped hit her square in the stomach, sending her flying.

"Oh my god!" Agnes moaned, holding a chair above her head with it's legs snapped off. "Did i kill her?"

I laughed. "No!" 

"Then why are you laughing?!"

"You're amazing!"

Agnes grinned suddenly and flung her arms around me.

"Not now," I reminded her as i saw the Empousa rising in the corner of my eye. "B-but maybe later?" I added as she moved backwards.

"She'll come back right?" Agnes said.

"Yes. I could really use some help from my friends right now." I muttered.

"Your friends? Like, Annabeth and Piper?" She asked. I stare at her. 

"Y-you know them?"

"I do, Piper and I have been talking recently. I could call her for you?" Wait, Piper has a phone? Isn't that in the Demigods 'what not to do' handbook or something?

"Piper has a phone?" I asked utterly confused.

"Yeah. Didn't you know?" She said as if it was obvious.

"No, I- oh just please call her! Tell them all to come here asap!"

Quickly Agnes grabbed her phone out of her bag and began dialing. Meanwhile, the Empousa was getting back and burning with angry flames. "Round 2?" I called to it and she shrieked making my ears ring. She flew at me, faster this time with claw-like fingers trying to tear at my flesh. As she approached i swung the hammer the best i could and managed to hit her arm, but not before i was knocked to the ground by the sheer weight of her.

"You need to lose some weight." I groaned. 

"I've been on a diet, thank you very much!" She screamed and turned herself around to come back at me. "Agnes?" I asked.

"Just got off the phone with them! They said they'd be here as quickly as they can."

The next time the Empousa came at me I tried to hit her in the head with the hammer. I managed to catch the side of her face because the dodged with great speed at the last minute, making me fall over. I turned the fall into a roll and got back up, feeling more frustrated. But the Empousa was no longer looking at me.

It was looking at Agnes.

Before i could call to her, it took a swipe at her side and came away claws red. Agnes was too in shock to scream or cry, she just stared at me and then fell to her knees. I dropped the hammer and ran to her. 

The claws had made quite a deep gash in her side, and she was bleeding quite badly. Her face had gone pale and the she flecks of splattered blood on her face.

"Where's your phone?" I asked her urgently, lifting up her back.

"Pocket." She muttered and I grabbed it and dialed 911.

"No, Leo. She's about to come back." Agnes said, "pass me the phone."

"You're not strong enough to speak!"

"Don't argue with a dying girl," She smiled and I froze.

"You're not dying." She took the phone from my hand and began talking weakly. I rose, full of anger.

The Empousa grinned evilly and built up speed as it tore towards me. I swung the hammer underhand at the last minute and hit her right in the stomach. She fell over head and crashed into aa nearby table, setting it on fire. Just then i heard someone shout my name.

Percy and the others (except Clarisse for some reason) came running towards me, all panicked. Piper instantly ran to Agnes. "Is she...?"

"No," I choked, "We called an ambulance."

"Where is it?" Annabeth asked.

Suddenly fire burned over my head and they all had to jump back. From the flames rose the Empousa, somewhat bigger in size.

"Deja vu much?" Percy muttered, maybe remembering another encounter with an Empousa. "I've had enough of them."

She shrieked again, making them all hold their hands over their ears. But when they looked up, the Empousa had gone. And all that was left was a few smoking tables and a scorch mark on the pavements.

"Oh my gods," Annabeth said, "Maybe we need Chiron to clean all this up?"

"But then her may send us home, because it's 'too dangerous'?" Said Jason.

"We could just call Argus." I suggested and Nico nodded.

"I agree with Leo. But what was an Empousa doing here anyway?"

"I don't know, i honestly have no clue. I thought when we came here everything would be...well, normal?" Jason put his hand on my shoulder.

"It was just one demoniacal monster, buddy."

"One for now. Who knows how many more could come?" Annabeth said.

As they discussed what to do, i let myself drift off and think about what just happened. Just then, the ambulance came, and Piper went with Agnes to the hospital. 

Just behind the ambulance, on the other side of the road, i saw someone in a purple cloak thing. A woman, with long almost black hair, and olive toned skin. Her dark eyes were fixed on my friends. Her attire was somewhat Roman, and she was intimidating in a beautiful, sleek way. 

Then i blinked and she was gone.

 Afterword: 

Hey guys so another disclaimer: I DON'T OWN ANY PJO OR HoO THINGS AND NOR WILL I EVER (unfortunately) 

So tell me what you thought!

so so soooo sorry it took ages for me to write it! comment what you thought about this chapter because i love feedback :)

peace out! xxx