My First Date Heats Up

| Annabeth Chase |

I ran to the library after Percy let me go. The only place I've always felt happy except Camp Half Blood. Books are another world you can experience and escape into. I didn't care Percy didn't follow me straight away, alone time was what i needed for a while. I could still hear Bridgette inside my head, saying things i'm sure she didn't before.

"You'll never be good enough." 

"He deserves more."

"Ugly."

"Get your head out of your stupid books."

"Stop!" I accidentally said aloud. A few heads turned my way and i blushed.

The back of the library was like a little cave with walls made of books and rocks made of pillows. I slumped down and took a few deep breaths. Bridgette was trying to get to me. Make me feel worthless. make me give up. But I couldn't.

Camp Half Blood had made me tough and taught me to NEVER give up even when everything looks impossible. And never in a million years would Percy go for Bridgette. Not after all we've been though. Not after we found the lightning bolt or the fleece, he held up the sky or we battled through the labyrinth, we fought and defeated Kronos and went without each other for months.

Don't even get me started on Arachne and Tartarus.

"Annabeth?" A mess of black hair poked it's way into my book-cave. Percy smiled when he saw me curled up. 

"And here we find a daughter of Athena in her natural habitat." He said grinning. I threw a pillow at him and laughed. Better to laugh then to cry.

"I was thinking, you could say you're sick. Then you could go home. I know you honestly won't be able to escape Bridgette but a day off won't hurt you." He suggested.

I considered it. I'd miss out on education, which wasn't good. "i don't know..."

"I'll fake sick as well. We can sit at home watching movies and eating sweets, and spending some alone time?"

"Blue sweets?" I smiled up at him.

"Of course." He said and held out his hand.

We walked down the corridor to the reception together. It was silent as everyone was in class.

"So, what's your excuse going to be?" I asked.

"Not sure, maybe I'm coming down with a terrible cold which i've read about in science. It's highly contagious and could spread around the school in minutes. The best thing to do is send me home straight away so i can get medicine and rest."

"You've done this before." I laughed.

Percy grinned and his sea-green eyes sparkled mischievously.

| Leo Valdez |

I waited all of school to get home. I fell out of the van before anyone else and rushed to the elevator. Of course i had to wait for the others there, but as soon as we reached our floor and sped into my room. Frantically, i searched through my wardrobe, looking for something to wear. I was going on a date. A date.

What to wear, what to wear, what to wear?

Something not too casual, but not too posh. Not that i owned anything posh. That wasn't Hephaestus' area. More Aphrodite's.

Aphrodite.

I banged on Piper's door. "Beauty queen! I need your help!"

She opened the door, looking annoyed. "With what?"