A Roman Return

| Leo Valdez |

The hospital didn't smell as I expected. I caught scent of washing fluids and strong air fresheners all mingled together with a faint smell of body odour. Agnes was on ward 57 and I was approaching it now. She had it all to herself the doctors had said so they were more relaxed on guest rules.

I looked through the door into a room full of white cabinets and wires. All the walls were an off white colour and the floor felt like cheap plastic. In the right corner next to the only window was a portable bed with a girl lying on it.

Agnes had tubes coming out of all places and going in at different spots. There was a monitor beside her monitoring her steady heart rate. She looked dead - not gory, bloody dead, but peaceful and beautifully dead. Tranquil. At rest.

Her blonde hair fell on the pillow and around her head like a crown and her skin was unusually pale, all the veins showing visibly.

I was scared she was asleep.
At that moment I could've just stared at her resting forever. Yes that sounded creepy out loud, but you had to be there. suddenly her eyes fluttered open gently.

"Agnes?" I asked leaning in a bit.

"Leo..." she said, still drowsy.

"I'm so happy you're awake, oh my god, I was really worried."

"Leo...what..."

"What is it?!"

"What...happened?"

Did she not remember? the doctors couldn't know about her mental state really until she woke up.

"Agnes, I'm going to get a doctor-"

"No, Leo. what happened?" she looked as if she wanted to reach out to me so I slipped my hand into hers bravely, sighing - relieved - as she didn't complain (Some would argue because she couldn't actually move her limbs that well yet).

"We... we went on a date and we... we were attacked. By a robber. and they had a bat and you..." the realization of what she had done struck me again. "you saved me."

"I did?" She said weakly.

"Yes Agnes." I smiled just as a man in a white cost entered.

"You have another visitor." He said before walking back out carrying a note pad and pen. A girl walked in wearing a black hoodie and a pair of jeans with purple converse. Her long black hair was plaited to the side of her head tightly, revealing her sharp - they really suited her - cheekbones.

"Reyna?"

"We meet again Leo Valdez," she walked towards Agnes's bed and sat on a chair. "I have a favour to ask."

"Wait no no no, how did you get here? this might not be very good to have... two of 'us' around in a hospital surrounded by mortals." I said in a hushed tone, shocked and confused.

"This is urgent business Valdez. Camp Jupiter is in danger and the camp would like to call upon a strong demigod to assist us." She told me, her brows furrowing with concern. Reyna grabbed my arm and dragged me to the other side of the room, facing her back towards Agnes.

"I'm sorry to break it to you lady, but Percy ain't going anywhere."

"I didn't mean Jackson. I meant Grace. The camp wants Jason back."
My heart thumped. how could Camp Jupiter be in that deep a trouble?

"But don't you have many powerful soldiers?" I asked having had far too many encounters with angry Romans in the past 2 years.

"Yes, lots, but none have shown as trustworthy or resilient or brave as Jason Grace."

"So this isn't because you just want him back to hook up or-" mid sentence I found a sharp blade at my throat as I was pushed into a dusty corner.

"I suggest you listen to me before taking and then maybe you'll talk more cautiously." Reyna lowered it gently then whisked it away too quick for me to see what it was.

"I need Jason to come back to camp with me for a while. He shall return, if he wishes," she added, "that is all. He needs to leave soon. Maybe tomorrow. The longer I spend here away from the camp the more danger my people are in."

I stood there taking it in for a bit. "wait, what is going on at Camp Jupiter?"

"Confidential." she almost snapped, her tempering obviously rising. "Anyways, I want you to tell me where I can talk to him. Where do you live?"

"So you know where the hospital is that I'm visiting my girl-" I stuttered a bit, trying cover up what I was about to say. "visiting my friend, but you don't know where we live?"

"Valdez, you are testing my patience."

I wrote down our address and floor carefully, worrying about what would happen when she came to our apartment.
"The receptionist will let you up because you're a demigod I think."
Reyna nodded and folded the paper I had wrote on and slipped it into her pocket.

"Until next time, Valdez." she said, I small smile played on her lips as is debating whether to or not. In a flash she turned out of the door and I faced Agnes again. She'd drifted back to sleep, probably still weak with exhaustion. I walked up to her bed and wrapped a piece of her hair around my finger. Then I leaned down to her face and stopped inches above her nose, making sure she wasn't going to pull away, and kissed her on the cheek.

Authors Note:

Ahhhh finally updated yess!!
I feel so evil
Not writing a chapter about what happens with Bridgette omg y'all please don't kill me I'm too young to die I swear

BUT
WHO SHIPS AGNES AND LEO

Anyways, IT'S FINALLY DECEMBER YAY!!

Don't forget to check out my trailer too! Tagged to every chapter c:
Please comment thoughts and maybe drop a vote idk it'd be really cool for me ^_^ THANK YOU FOR ALL THE READS IT'S SOUNBELIEVABLE IM SO GRATEFUL!!!!!

Agnes xxx