CHAPTER-7

Sameeksha's P.O.V

"Ms. Rathore, you need to leave otherwise aunty will kill you." Anshika said followed by an almost inaudible chuckle.

"Yes, I would be leaving in a few minutes. Thankyou for reminding me."

"No, you need to leave right now. She called me and ordered me to tell you to move your ass from that damned chair and come to the house right this instant. Oh, and she also told me that if you don't agree, I have the permission to drag you down to your car."

"Oh god! Fine. I am going."

"I wish you best of luck."

"Why?"

"She was sounding very angry."

"Oh fuck my life." I groaned out loud and she just chuckled and left.

I decided to leave as quickly as possible unless I want to die.
And just so you know, I am not kidding. Mumma's anger is horrific.

I quickly got out of my office and sat in my car and drove off to the house.
I am still not accustomed to call it my 'home'. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to call it 'home' but I don't because it isn't. A certain someone made it pretty clear the day I stepped foot on the threshold of the house.

I hastily parked my car in the humongous garage and made my way to the front door.

Before I could even ring the doorbell, bhabhi opened it and urged me to the living room.

"Thoda aur der se aati na. Itni jaldi aane ki kya zarurat thi?" Mumma, sarcastically, commented and I nervously chuckled.

"I am so sorry mumma. There was a lot of work left and I had to clear my tomorrow's schedule."

"Why?"

"Tomorrow is Raksha Bandhan, right? So tomorrow is day off for everyone."
(Raksha Bandhan is a popular, traditionally Hindu, annual rite or ceremony celebrated in South Asia, and in other parts of the world significantly influenced by the Hindu culture. On this day, sisters of all ages tie an amulet, called the Rakhi, around the wrists of their brother, symbolically protecting them, receiving gift in return, and traditionally investing the brothers with a share of the responsibility of their potential care.)

"Wow. Okay fine, I forgive you. Now let's go, we need to buy some things."

"Okay, I will just freshen up and then we will leave."

"Okay." And with that, I got out of that room and mounted the stairs.

I washed my face and wore a plain kurti. Then took my purse and phone and descended the stairs.

When I reached the main door of the house, I saw mumma waiting for me. I told her to wait here for a minute and left from there to the garage to bring my car.

When mumma was seated inside the car, I drove us to the local market.

We wandered around, looking for rakhi and other things that mumma wanted.
(Raakhi is an ornamental cotton wristband tied by a girl or woman on to the wrist of her brother, or of one who takes on the responsibility of a brother, particularly during the Raksha Bandhan festival.)

As I don't have any brother, I didn't bother to look at the rakhi that mumma chose.

After finishing our shopping spree, we headed off to the house.

When we reached there, the whole house was decorated and everyone were sitting on the dining table, waiting for us.

I, as usual, sat beside Raghav and started eating.