CHAPTER-35

Sameeksha's P.O.V

I visibly flinched because my phone wouldn't stop blaring 'No Lie' whenever I get a call.

Like right now.

God! I hate Anshika for putting this song as my ringtone, and she even made me swear that I wouldn't ever change my ringtone.

I picked up my phone before that stupid song could eat my head,"Hello! How are you, dear?" My mumma's sweet voice resonated through my ears which made my anger cool down.

"I am fine. How are you?" I asked while trying to apply eyeliner without messing it up.

"Great. What are you doing? Did you have dinner? Did you meet Dev, Raghav, Tanya, Sid, Abhi and Naina? And Myra too. Oh goodness! Isn't Myra just so sweet? When will you have a kid, Sameeksha? You are not being younger day by day. I cannot wait to see myself in a hospital while you give birth to a beautiful baby." I let her rant while I finished my makeup, that consisted of an eyeliner and a lip gloss.

"Let me atleast get married, mumma. How will I be able to bore a kid without marriage? And I am not ready for all that wedding responsibilities yet."

She mumbled something incoherent and, then, said,"Okay fine! Goodnight, sweetie. Enjoy."

And she cut the call before I could say 'goodbye'. I shook my head at my mother and continued to curl my hair from the bottom to give my white coloured frock a complete look.

I picked up my wallet, phone and a purse before heading out of the apartment. As Anshika was going out to California, we decided to have a last meal together before she boarded the plane.

"Ready?" Anshika asked when I stepped out in our living room.

"Yup. Let's go."

I picked up my car keys, from the hanger we keep by the door, and closed the main door of our house.

We sat inside my car and drove off towards a restaurant that was nearest to the airport.

Mid-way through, Anshika said,"Hey! Naina bhabhi and di are quite bored sitting inside a room and they wish to go out, so, are you free enough to join them?"

"I don't know. Maybe."

"Okay. I will text them."

I hummed and focused on the road.

After driving continuously for 60 minutes, my muscles were very sore and my feet hurt.

I parked the car in the basement and pulled Anshika inside the restaurant. We ordered a plate of fried rice, finished our food as fast as we could and speeded off towards the airport.

We reached there in about 5-10 minutes and Anshika boarded the plane after some thorough instructions from me.

I pulled out my phone to text them that I wouldn't be able to join them because I have to manage mine and Anshika's office.

And, then, when I passed an ice-cream shop, I pulled my car on the sidewalk and called Abhi.

Just as he accepted the call, I said,"Hey! I am so sorry to disturb you but it's kind of urgent. Can you just pass over the phone to Naina bhabhi or Tanya? And make sure that the call is not on speaker, Tanya."

"Wait! How do you know that the call is on speaker?" Bhai asked in an amused tone.

"Oh! Did I not tell you that I, secretly, am a magician?" I joked.

"This is not a time for jokes, Sameeksha."

"Alright. It was a wild guess. Happy, now? And please pass over the phone to any one of the ladies present over there."

"I will take it." Tanya volunteered just as Myra's high-pitched sound of crying ricocheted through my car. I had to put the phone away from my ears to protect my hearing ability.

"You know, there's an ice-cream shop right across the hotel you are living in. We could possibly manage to ditch the bodyguards and have a night all to ourselves. What say?"

"Hmm."

"What 'hmm'? Say something."

"Okay."

"Alright. So, tell bhabhi and we will meet inside that shop in about 20 minutes?"

"Alright."

I cut the call and started driving towards that ice-cream shop named 'Sweet Tooth'.

I parked my car on the sidewalk, went inside that comfortable shop and seated myself on the corner booth.

After 5 minutes, I saw Tanya and bhabhi maneuvering their way towards me. I stood up to hug them as a greeting and we all exchanged some pleasantries.

"Tanya, I am sure you would have not told anyone about your whereabouts. Why? It wasn't like this meeting was some sort of secret." I asked once we ordered our respective ice-creams.

Tanya shrugged and said,"It's fun to watch their expressions when they don't know something. Malhotra brothers are know-it-all, except Abhi— he is a big believer of privacy. They would want to know anything and everything. Whether it be sports, gossip or something that isn't even worth wasting time on. That's their biggest flaw."

"Well. Forget about them. It would be all about us today." Bhabhi commented just when the waiter brought our orders, that was, 2 cups of Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough for me and Tanya and 1 cup of Mint Chocolate Chip for bhabhi.

"So, how's life?" I asked while licking my delicious ice-cream.

"Great." They replied in unison.

"Hey! Do you love anyone, Sameeksha?" Bhabhi asked.

"Nope. Why do you ask?"

"Uh- nothing. Just like that."

I squinted my eyes in suspicion and said,"Okay."

"Guys! There's this amazing movie released in the theaters. We should definitely watch it." Tanya said.

"What's the name?" Bhabhi asked while finishing her cup of ice-cream.

"Emily the Criminal."

"Nice. Okay, let's go."

"Alright. If you say so. Did you come by car?" I asked.

"Nope. Walking." Naina bhabhi answered.

"Great then. Come on, get up, Tanya. Stop licking the cup, the ice-cream is already finished."

"But it's just so damn delicious."

"I know right. But that doesn't mean you will lick the whole cup. Get up." I pulled her out of the chair, forced her to throw the cup and sit inside the car.

I drove the car towards the nearest cinema and we got ourselves tickets after parking my car inside the parking lot.

"Hey! Bring us some popcorn, no." Tanya said when we all found our seats.

"As you wish, madam." I bowed dramatically and left to bring some popcorn and coke for all of us, unaware of the hurricane that was coming towards us.
——————————————————

Hello!

I promise this would be the last time I changed my story's title. And if you don't know, 'Lugubrious' means 'melancholy'. And 'Amore' means 'love'.

Anyways, did you like it? And did you like the cover?

Tell me by voting, commenting and sharing my story.

Thank you❤