CHAPTER-45

Raghav's P.O.V

"What did you do?" Bhai asked.

"I didn't do anything. I just told her that she was stuck with me, whether she liked it or not, and then when I saw her again, she was swaying from left to right. Then, I asked her what happened and she told me that she was a bit dizzy."

"What did you do after that?" Tanya interrogated.

"I made her drink some water and then left to get some pills."

"Well. Did the pills work?"

"Before I could give it to them, her condition had worsened. It looked like she was in pain and she would die if the migraine didn't go away. And, after that, her vision got blurred and she lost her consciousness."

"Hmm. Okay." She mumbled distractedly.

We were in my hotel room with an unconscious Sameeksha lying on the bed.

I was paralyzed when I saw her limp body. I just stood there and watched as she closed her eyes. Then, bhabhi called and ordered me to come over there as soon as possible when I told her everything. She said that we already have a doctor who could be trusted, so I picked her up and rushed out of the office as fast as I could.

Then, I drove towards the 5 star hotel and explained the situation to all of them.

Currently, Tanya was checking up on Sameeksha and trying to understand the reason behind her losing her consciousness.

"Nothing to worry about. I think I know why Sameeksha di fainted."

"Then, kindly open your mouth and tell us." Sid sneered, earning a smack on his forehead from bhabhi and a murderous glare from bhai.

"I am guessing that you would have said something that would have triggered her brain and it would have released all the memories. Her body wouldn't have been able to handle it, and so, she fainted."

"Is that even possible?"

"Of course it is."

"So, there is a chance of her getting her memories back?"

"99.9% chance."

"Well. Wow! I am going to call mumma and tell her this news. She is going to be so fucking ecstatic." Bhabhi said and rushed out with her phone.

"It hasn't happened before, so why now?" I asked.

"Maybe because, before, it was just some random things that she wasn't so sure of. Or maybe she was, but only because she thought that it was logical to think that way."

"What do you mean?"

"For example, she realised that you two were married when she thought deeply about it. She tried to reason out her mother's lack of interest in the topic of her marriage. And, she presumed that you both were married because that was the only logical reason she could come up with."

"That still doesn't answer my question."

She sighed,"I don't have any proper explanation for this. I don't know why she fainted when she remembered something. And, why now? Why not before? I am just as clueless as you guys."

"How is it possible that you don't know anything about this? You are a doctor, right?" Sid commented.

She glared at him,"So, what? Being a doctor doesn't mean we know everything about science. We are humans too. And, besides, there are very rare cases of amnesia. And not everyone recovers from it. Most of the time, the person has to let go of the past and start afresh. Be grateful that she is getting the memories back instead of wondering why is it happening now."

"Okay, okay. No need to be so defensive." Sid muttered under his breath.

Tanya took a deep breath and walked out of the room with Abhi tailing behind her.

"God! She fucking scared the living daylights out of me." Sid sighed in relief while clutching his heart dramatically.

"Shut up, Sid. Stop being so dramatic." Bhai said.

Just then, bhabhi entered the room with a big grin plastered on her face. She said,"Mumma, papa, Amrita aunty and Raj uncle are coming here."

"Oh my God! That's great." I said.

"They are quick." Sid commented.

"I know right. Anyways, where is Tanya and Abhi?"

"Probably in their room, having sex." I grumbled.

"Aww! Don't be so jealous, Raghav bhai. Just a few more days and then you will, finally, lose your virginity." Sid said.

I slapped the back of his head,"I am not jealous, you imbecile."

"Whatever floats your boat." He sang.

I glared at him and sat on the bed beside Sameeksha. After sometime, everyone left my room to give us some privacy.

I held her hand and said,"Sameeksha, my love, please wake up and give me that heart-melting smile and tell me that you remember everything and that you love me too. Don't make us wait anymore. You already made us wait for this moment for 2 years. Please—"

The door opened, cutting my rant, and mumma, papa, Amrita aunty and Raj uncle barged inside my room, looking joyful.

"Oh my God! My princess will remember everything soon." Raj uncle said.

"And then everything will be fine." Mumma said.

"Yes. I am so excited." Papa said.

"We all are, papa. Go and rest in the rooms we have booked for you. You must be tired."

"No, son, we are anything but tired. We have waited for this moment since 2 years." Sameeksha's father said.

"But, uncle—"

"Call me 'papa', son."

"Alright. Papa, if you don't rest now, you will feel sleepy when Sameeksha wouldwake up and then you wouldn't be able to spend as much time with her as all of us."

"He is right, Raj. We will take a short nap. And, you my son, wake us up when she wakes up." My father playfully threatened me, pointing his index finger towards my direction.

"Sure." I chuckled and shooed them out of my room.

I was sure that bhai will show them their rooms, so, I didn't worry about them not finding their respective chambers.

After they left, I kicked my shoes off and lied down beside my beautiful wife.

I wrapped an arm around her waist and pulled her closer to me.Almost immediately, she wrapped her arms around my torso and snuggled in my chest. I smiled and pulled her more close to me and slept while adoring the face of my beautiful wife.

****

I woke up to the sound of someone  grumbling and trying to pry themselves off of me.

I opened my eyes and looked at the person groggily before widening my eyes and rushing out of the bed like my life depended on it.

She blankly stared at me and then said in a cold tone,"How dare you cuddle with me?"

Oh shit! Does she not remember anything?

Why is it always me? Why do you hate me so much, God? Why?
——————————————————

What do you think will happen next? Do you think that Raghav's attempts to bring Sameeksha's memory back will go futile?

Stay tuned to have the answers of all your questions.

Vote, comment and share.

Thank you❤