CHAPTER-19

Sameeksha's P.O.V

I woke up from my peaceful slumber when I heard the door being opened. Who would come inside my room at this time? A burglar, maybe. But why would a burglar come inside a hospital room? God! I am going crazy.

I got out of my thoughts when that person came to my side and kissed my forehead, cheeks and nose. He was about to peck my lips but I pushed him away and slapped him. Hard.

How dare that idiot kiss me? I don't even know him for God's sake. He probably would be one of those guys who take advantage of a girl.

God! I hate that type of guys so much.

"How dare you kiss me, huh? Don't you have any shame? You know what, I had refused to believe that you are cold, arrogant and a narcissist jerk. But now, I finally believe that whatever the media told about you was 101% right. Women throw themselves at you doesn't mean I would do the same. You can't just kiss someone without their permission. You aren't even that handsome. God! I hate you. I hate you so much that I can't even bear the sight of you. Get out of my sight before I scream and call everyone here."

Even after my long and hateful speech, my heart still refused to believe whatever shit I spewed out of my mouth.

I don't know why, but I get those giddy feelings whenever he is near me. And that is annoying as fuck.

"You are also not that beautiful, Ms. Rathore. I thought that you would be smart but I guess people either have beauty or brains. No-one is perfect and so, don't think that you are perfect. I hate you too."

Goddamnit! Why does it hurt so much? Why his words affected me when he is practically a stranger? Why my heart wouldn't just believe that I hate him?

I was 200% sure that my eyes must be reflecting the hurt I was feeling. I was like an open book. I couldn't hide my feelings even when my life depended on it.

Now, back to the topic. I didn't wish to give him the satisfaction of seeing me hurt so, I huffed and turned my head in the other direction.

I kept looking at the plain and boring white walls of the hospital room until I heard the soft click of the door, indicating that he left and that was when the waterworks started.

A single tear cascaded down my cheek and I wiped it away—quite harshly might I add.

Just as I wiped that tear, another one fell and the water continued falling from my eyes. Honestly, I don't even know why I was crying.

Is it because his words affected me? Or is it because he said that he hates me? Or is it because I said that I hate him?
I don't know and that is fucking ridiculous.

I continued sobbing and fell asleep while crying.

The next time I woke up, I felt quite light-headed. Maybe because I cried and removed all my pent up confusion, anger and frustration in the form of tears.

A gentle knock on the door pulled me out of my thoughts and I said a quick,"Come in!".

The doctor— Ms. Tanya Sharma— came inside the room with a nurse and asked me about my health. She also said that I am healing quite quickly so I might get discharged at night.

After she went away, mumma entered the room with an unknown, pregnant woman who looked quite older than me.

"Sameeksha, she is Sanjana's eldest daughter-in-law, Naina Malhotra, and Naina, she is my daughter, Sameeksha Rathore."

Just like Sanjana aunty, Naina di's eyes also held a strange type of sadness.

"Hello! Sameeksha."