CHAPTER-46

Raghav's P.O.V

All the excitement and happiness vanished into thin air when she said what she said.

I couldn't believe that she doesn't remember anything.
Would all my efforts in trying to bring my wife back be futile? Did I not have the luck to experience what a married life feels like? Was I seriously so unlucky? Was I seriously going to remain a fucking virgin all my life?

"So–sorry. I will call everyone." I stuttered an apology and turned around to leave with a dejected sigh.

I was about to take a step when I felt someone's grip on my wrist. I turned around with a confused look to see Sameeksha holding my wrist. I looked into her eyes and saw a flicker of guilt before it disappeared and her eyes stopped depicting any emotions.

"Do you want anything?"

"No." She left my wrist and turned her head to the other side.

I shrugged and left the room to call everyone.
I didn't wish to see their disappointed faces when they get to know about her not regaining her memories back, but it's not like I have any other option.

I entered Sid's room to see everyone inside, talking and laughing like a big, happy, contented family.

I felt a lump in my throat as I saw their happy faces. God! They were so ecstatic about this. Why did you even give us false hopes when you knew you weren't going to do anything to bring my wife back?

"Uh– Sameeksha is awake."
I heard screams of joy as everyone hugged and congratulated each other as if they knew that everything was already fine.

"BUT—" I had to shout in order to get their attention,"She doesn't remember anything."

The silence was so loud and prominent that we could even hear a pin drop. My teacher back in highschool would have killed anyone  to witness this silence.

And then, suddenly, there was a sudden yelling of protest from everyone. Some people were saying that this was nearly impossible and some people were just denying the undeniable fact. Some people were just sitting at their former seat without speaking anything.

"CAN YOU ALL JUST SHUT UP?" Tanya's high-pitched voice shut everyone up.

"Geez! Can you promise me not to yell like that ever again? Goodness! My precious ears almost lost its ability to hear." Sid rubbed his ear dramatically. His that action earned him a pillow from mumma.

"Next time if you say anything stupid like that, I will hit you with my slipper." She glared at him.

"God! Save me from these monsters. Why are they always behind such an innocent person?"

Mumma removed her slipper and threw it at him which he managed to dodge by a millimeter.

"Okay, okay. I am sorry. Don't be so violent, woman." He grumbled.

"That woman is your mother, young man. Think before speaking anything in front of your mom." Papa said in an amused tone.

I would have laughed at this exchange if I wasn't so drowned in my own self pity.

"This is highly impossible." Tanya mumbled.

"What is?" Sameeksha's mother asked.

"Sameeksha di not remembering anything is highly impossible."

"Why do you think so?" Mumma asked.

"I don't think so, I know so. I just have a gut feeling about this. And my intuitions are never wrong. Excuse me, people. I will go and talk to her."

She hurried off towards my room, leaving all of us confused and gloomy.

"What did she even mean by that?" Papa asked Abhi.

He shrugged his shoulders and said,"I don't know. My girlfriend can be very confusing at times."

"All the women in the world can be confusing at times, son. I can totally relate."

"Shut up, Anuj." Mumma slapped his chest playfully.

After a few minutes— that felt like hours because of my rising anxiety— Tanya entered the room with an emotionless face and said,"You were right, Raghav bhai. I am afraid to say that, but now, the chances of her regaining her memories are slim, almost negligible."

The ground beneath me shook, and I held onto bhai's hand for support. My heart felt like it was pricked with thousand needles. A terrible migraine was starting to form at the back of my head as I maneuvered my way, as fast as I could, towards her room to see her fast asleep.

She looked so peaceful while sleeping that it made my heart constrict with pain.

I, laboriously, made my way towards her and sat beside her. It gave me a sense of déjà vu as I gently touched her hand and leaned over to peck her lips. Then, I moved my lips to her forehead, cheeks and nose.

I intertwined our fingers and kissed her knuckles. Fortunately, this time, she didn't wake up.

I traced my thumb from her eyebrows, cheeks, lips to her jawline and resisted the urge to kiss her. Because, now, she was not mine. She was going to be somebody else's.

It hurted to say that, but it was the truth no-one could deny. And, it would be better for the both of us if I accept it sooner rather than later.

"I wish you a very happy life ahead, Sameeksha. I will try to forget you and move on, but I know it's nearly paradoxical. And, please don't forget me." I sighed and continued,"So, this is the goodbye, huh? Some love stories are meant to be incomplete. I guess, ours is one of them." I pecked her lips one more time before leaving the room.

I made sure to not glance back because if I would, then it would be more hard, to leave her, than it already was.

"Where are you going, Raghav?" Mumma asked, on my way to leave the hotel.

"Far away from her." It hurted to even say her name.

"Why are you giving up, Raghav? I thought you were like your father. He did not give up on our love even when I hated him with a passion."

"I did not give up, mumma. I just decided to leave her alone and let her move on with her life. You know the main reason why she fainted? She fainted because I forced her to stay in the past even when she didn't wish to. It's time to let her go, mumma. It's time for me to accept that our love story was meant to be incomplete."

"Oh, Raghav!" She hugged me and I wrapped my hand around her back, glad for her motherly embrace.

Nothing is better than a mother's embrace and warmth, I swear.

"What about your determination to bring back your love?" Bhai asked.

"It got buried deep under my heart."

"Then, what will you do to forget her?"

"I don't know, because she taught me how to love, not how to stop."
——————————————————

Do you still think that what Sameeksha did was a prank?

Oh, I feel terrible for doing this, but I had to. This was the plot I had planned.

Sorry, guys. But this is the end.

I will post the epilogue in a few days.

Just kidding.

Did you guys really thought that I'd give an ending like this? I hate sad love stories.

The one good news I can give you is that, the ending will not be a bad one. It will be a good one.

Vote, comment and share.

Thank you❤

Lugubrious Amore जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें