CHAPTER-18

2 months ago:- (in the hospital)

Sameeksha's P.O.V

"How are you now, dear?" Sanjana aunty asked me while caressing my long, open and tangled hair.

(Sanjana is Sameeksha's mother-in-law and Raghav's mother. Remember her name  because Sameeksha is going to address her as 'Sanjana aunty' from now onwards.)

"I am fine, aunty. Thanks for asking." The hurt in her eyes when I called her 'aunty' didn't go unnoticed by me, but I brushed it off thinking I might have imagined it.

Mumma put a hand on Sanjana aunty's shoulder as if she wanted to assure her that everything would be fine, and that confused me.

Why would aunty be hurt? And why is mumma consoling her? And why would she console her? All these questions started invading my thoughts and that got me a headache.

And the fact that I didn't know the answers of any of these questions didn't help in decreasing my headache.

I always prefer to be a miss-know-it-all. There wasn't anything that I didn't know. From my school's test answers to any sort of gossip. I always knew every single thing, up until now.

I feel that my parents are hiding something from me, as if they aren't willing to tell me something. What? I didn't know.

My confused gaze darted towards my mumma and Sanjana aunty. They both looked at me and made their way towards either side of my bed.

When they both settled on the stools beside my bed, I decided to speak,"Don't you think you owe me some answers?"

Mumma sighed and said,"What do you wanna ask, sweetie?"

"What are you hiding from me?"

"We can't tell you that, dear. In fact, we can't tell you anything. You would have to remember everything on your own. I am sorry."

"Why are you apologizing? It's okay. And are you both friends?" I asked the last question while pointing at both the ladies sitting on the either side of the bed.

"Yes. Yes, we are. You just don't remember it." It was aunty who answered my question, without even an ounce of hesitation. They both seem to be really very good friends.

After talking for a while, they both left my hospital room after ordering me to get some rest.

I chuckled and welcomed the darkness with open arms.
——————————————————

Third Person's P.O.V

After ordering Sameeksha to sleep, both the ladies started walking towards Tanya's cabin in silence. Both were lost in their own thoughts.

Suddenly, Amrita stopped walking and when Sanjana noticed that, she came towards Amrita and asked,"What happened? Why did you stop walking?"

(Amrita is Raghav's mother-in-law and Sameeksha's mother.)

"Ac- actually I- I.... I would totally support your decision if you ever wish to find another bride for Raghav. I would even help you to find a perfect wife for him. I totally understand if you want them to get divorced. After all, we never know when Sameeksha's memory would come back. Let's go tomorrow and get the divorce papers and–"

"Don't you dare continue that sentence. I don't want to find a wife for Raghav and I certainly don't want them to get divorced. Sameeksha is perfect for my Raghav, and besides they love each other. Who am I to separate two love birds?"