four

ruby athens.

I'm in a state of pure shock yet I'm in awe.

He was someone who fought in and lead the deadliest battles but here he was, looking so beautiful, possessing the sweetest smile ever.

"Ruby Athens, Your Grace," I introduce myself formally with a curtsy, "But you already know that."

"Just Duke is fine," he waves his hand, "I'm not a big fan of those fancy titles."

"Or," he smiles, "Call me Elias. I don't we need the formalities, right?"

I nod, "You may call me Ruby," I throw him a small smile. I don't think no other male, except my family, calls me by my first name only.

The Prince was an exception. He has so many names for me, including my actual first name and some others like love.

He had started calling me ever since he turned six after he had learned that it was a term of endearment for someone who you're in love with.

But, he changed the definition to suit his own taste, twisting it and stating you only call someone love when they're in love with you. Hence, claiming that I was the one in love with him because I was always stuck with him.

And since then, he just continued calling me love, even during our most heated arguments, he would still call me that, instead of cursing at me.

"You seem to have met each other before?" My father glances at Duke Elias, staring at him with what I would almost consider fondness.

"Yes," Elias nods, "I met her yesterday. I simply ran into her," he states.

"Oh," my father seems pleased, "Well, then you two can talk. We have to go talk to some of our ministers."

The Emperor glances at my father and nods, "Ministers? Right," he hums, glancing at us and we both bow our heads before he leaves alongside my father.

What a liar.

Someone runs past me and hits my shoulder and I'm pushed toward him. But I manage to steady myself before Elias holds my arm. My hand is pressed against his pocket and I glance at him in confusion.

"Why are you carrying a gun here?"

He chuckles, "Because I am always on duty as the Supreme Commander," he looks into my eyes, "And you may never know when you need it."

"Oh, in case you wanna shoot someone's leg for annoying you?" I tilt my head a little, smiling, "Then, I think, I must start carrying one as well. Or two, in case it's more than one person getting on my nerves."

He laughs, shakes his head a bit, "You won't need to carry a gun around, Ruby," he lowers his head, moving his face closer to mine, "Just be with me all the time, then I can shoot someone for you. Anyone you wish."

Hell, that was the first time a man's words made me feel something.

I chuckle, "With the Supreme Commander by my side, I'm sure no one would even dare touch me."

"Touch?" Elias tilts his head a little, "They would not even dare look at you."

I shake my head, "I want them to look at me. I love the attention. I want them to know that they can only look but not touch."

He smiles, "Well, you know you have my full attention."

"I know I do," I smile, twirling his gun in my hand which I had removed without him noticing a bit.