seventeen

ruby athens.

"You're lying," I stare right into his eyes, "You think I would agree to marry someone without knowing anything about him?" I roll my eyes at him.

He stares at me for a few seconds before letting out a groan and leaning back his head, "You got me," he scoffs, "It indeed was a lie. I wanted to test how much you know him."

"You could never fool me," I chuckle, "I mean, never."

"I know," he grumbles, "I really thought I got you but guess not."

"I would have never even looked at him if I knew about that," I scoff, "I know I made the right choice and you just need to stop meddling in my life."

"You're in my palace and you're telling me to stop meddling in your life?" Aaron arches an eyebrow, "That is quite hilarious, love."

"I'll leave," I narrow my eyes at him.

"Okay," he shrugs.

"After I finish this bottle," I tap my fingers against the bottle full of wine, "You can't make your guest leave with an empty stomach."

"That," he points to the bottle, "Won't fill up your stomach. Food will."

"Yes, it will," I throw him a glare.

"Fine," he sighs, "Do whatever you want. Don't complain to me when you end up drunk on the floor."

"I won't," I frown, "That has always been you."

"No," he glares at me, "Stop defaming me."

I shrug, "It is not my fault that you don't remember what you do when you're drunk as hell."

"It is partially your fault since you force me to drink," he murmurs.

I let out a laugh, "Can you hear what you're saying? That is the biggest lie I've ever heard come out of your big mouth. Well, you also claiming to be charming is another big lie. So I'd say one of your biggest lies since you have a ton-."

"Shut up and drink, Ruby," he grumbles, "I don't want to hear any more of your bullshit."

"Why not?" I pour the wine into my empty glass, "Is my angelic voice not angelic enough for you?"

"It's disgusting to listen to," he states, taking a sip straight from the bottle of vodka.

"Yet you're talking to me," I point at him, "How sweet of you."

He leans forward, and places his finger on my lips, "I need you to be quiet, love, so I can drink in peace."

I slap his hand away, "No. I refuse. I have every right to speak."

"Fine," he takes his hand back, "Talk to yourself."

I stay silent and stare at him.

"What? You don't want to talk to yourself?" Aaron muses, raising the bottle to his lips.

"I am talking to myself in my head, you fool," I roll my eyes at him.

He chugs the whole bottle down before keeping the bottle on the table.

He leans his head back and unbuttons the top few buttons of his shirt.

"You want to know an actual secret, love?" He smiles at me.

I let out a groan, "Shut up, Aaron."

"I was the one who told Vasikalis about that spot. I was the one who made sure those poisonous flowers were there. I wanted you to make a garland out of those flowers and put it around his neck," he is smiling so devilishly before he takes in a deep breath, "But it all backfired on you, love."

I smile, "I know. Why do you think I put those flowers on his head? How do you think I appeared in front of you with those rashes? It wasn't a coincidence. I wanted you to know that everything you planned fucked up," I smile as take a sip from my glass.

He stares at me with complete shock, "You definitely hail from Hell, Ruby."