twenty five

aaron roman-selene

"You seem happy, my son." My father, Emperor Aureus, grins at me. "Is it because Ruby smiled at you?" he arches an eyebrow before gasping. "She did, didn't she? It must be your lucky day today."

My God. He has always been so obvious that he wanted me to be with her. And it wasn't just because of her status, Ruby Athens has been nothing but an angel to my father surprisingly. My father had made it very clear-ever since we were kids-that he needed me to be with Ruby.

"She didn't smile at me." I mutter, watching him frown.

"Then why are you so happy?" He stares at me in confusion. "Why else would you be happy?"

"Because Ruby is my fiancée now."

He stares at me in disbelief and laughs at my words. "Now is not the time to fool around, Aaron," he chuckles, "I hate to say this but she is betrothed to the Duke."

"They ended the engagement." I state proudly, not realising that a smile had made its way to my lips. "I ended their engagement since Ruby wanted nothing to do with that man."

He stays silent for almost a minute.

"Do you mean everything you said?" he arches an eyebrow. "Because my heart cannot handle this."

I can't help but let out a laugh. "I mean it, father. She's my fiancée. If you can't believe me then I can make Ruby tell you this. I'm sure she's somewhere in the palace."

He gasps. "I need to see her right now."

We hear a knock on the door.

"Your Majesty, Lady Athens is here."

Not only is she perfect but she also knows the perfect time to enter.

"Let her in!" My father shouts, grinning brightly as he stands up.

The doors open and Ruby walks in, shinning brightly as ever.

God, I can't take my eyes off her.

"Your Majesty," she smiles, curtsying to him.

My father laughs. "Drop the formalities, Ruby. I heard that we're family now," his grin widens. I've seen this man so happy. It is as if making her my fiancée is the only thing he is proud of me achieving.

Ruby smiles so gracefully that I almost believe it is genuine. However, I wish it was real but to her this was just an act.

"Aaron," she glances at me, "I thought we would tell him together," she murmurs but soon smiles, "It seems like you were too excited," she chuckles.

She's way too good at keeping up this act.

I take a step closer to her and smile. "I wanted to let everyone know as soon as possible that the Ruby Athens chose me. I'd consider it a blessing."

She arches an eyebrow in amusement. "It is. You're lucky. I chose you out of thousand others."

"That is because I'm the greatest among them." I state proudly.

"Now when is the wedding?" My father blurts out of nowhere, gawking at us with excitement.

"I'm sure Royal Weddings take three months to prepare, Your Majesty." Ruby says, smiling at him, "We will begin the planning from tomorrow."

Smart reply.

My father nods. "You're right, Ruby," he smiles cheekily. "But this is your wedding," he points at our. "The crown prince and the diamond of the emperor. I will make sure that this is the greatest wedding in history." He is smiling to himself. "It is my promise to you."

"Of course, Your Majesty." Ruby smiles and glances at me.

"Well, I better start now." My father grins, "I'll see you two soon," I watch him walk towards the door.

Once he walks of the hall, Ruby throws me a look.

"Do you think he'll get doves?"

"Duh." I scoff. "He is going to go all out."

"I hope the doves shit on you." Ruby laughs.

"Maybe I should cancel the doves." I grumble, "You cursed me."

"Don't cancel the wedding though," she mutters, smiling a little.

"I won't. Not even in my wildest nightmares, my love."