ten

ruby athens.

"So you're in love with me?" I arch an eyebrow, ignoring the feeling I felt before.

"No," he stares at me in confusion, "You'd be a good fiancée because you won't ever bore me out."

"So you think I'm funny?" I let out a scoff, "Thanks."

"You're not funny," he scoffs, "You are infuriating. The others don't annoy me like you do. They don't make me feel anything."

I stare at him with a blank look on my face, "You're stupid."

"No," he widens his eyes, "You are."

"Okay, you're the stupidest," I roll my eyes at him, crossing my arms.

He gasps, "You invented the word stupid," he glares at me, pointing his finger at me.

"I'll smash your face on the pillar," I glare back at him.

He takes a step closer and lowers his head, looking straight into my eyes with a smile on his lips, "Do it, love."

I reach out my hand towards his collar but before I could even grab his collar, a hand is placed on my shoulder and pulls me back.

"Sweetheart," he whispers in my ear, "I'm back."

"Elias," I smile as I turn around, watching him smile at me.

"It seems like you were having a sweet moment with the Prince," Elias chuckles, glancing at Aaron who was standing a few inches behind me.

I furrow my eyebrows, "We weren't-."

"That was until you graced us with your unnecessary presence," Aaron scoffs, "So where did you go, Vasikalis?"

"To discuss some matters regarding the visitors coming tomorrow, your highness," Elias answers, throwing a small smile at him.

"Oh," Aaron murmurs, "And was it that important that you had to leave your fiancée? How embarrassing," he is staring at Elias with a blank look, expecting nothing from him.

Elias glances at me and then looks back at Aaron, "Your highness, you know that I can't control when I'm needed."

Aaron chuckles, "Then why dedicate yourself to her as her future husband if you're so obsessed with duty?"

I sigh, "Prince-."

Aaron raises his hand, silencing me.

He looks at Elias, "You seem like the type to leave her on your wedding day because of your duty," he rolls his eyes and walks away without looking back.

"He's just annoyed," I murmur, knowing my words weren't going to lift that frown on Elias' lips.

Elias stares at me with small smile, "I'm so sorry, sweetheart. I promise this won't happen again."

I nod, "It's alright," I throw him a small smile, "I know how heavy your responsibilities are."

I've never been so forgiving.

Maybe it's for the better.

Or worse.

But that was something Aaron would say.