twelve

ruby athens.

I'm standing next to the stairs which led to the Throne, where Aaron and the Emperor were seated as we all waited for the Asturian visitors.

Other noblemen and knights were standing across me and further down with only the red carpet in between, splitting two sides like the Red Sea.

Elias was standing on the other side, right opposite me, all dressed up in his Supreme Commander uniform which made him look even more attractive.

I look up at the Throne and stare at Aaron. Today, he was wearing his crown as today was an official, important meeting with the other kingdom.

He was wearing a black suit embroidered with golden designs on his sleeve and his right shoulder.

The grand doors open and we all stare at the door, watching the guests enter.

The Prince of Asturias is the first to enter, followed by his three ministers and some of his guards.

The Prince of Asturias locks his eyes with me. I stare back at him with a blank look and he smiles at me.

His smile gave me chills. It was almost as if I could feel what his intentions were.

"Prince Vicente of Asturias," the man announces and the nobles bow their heads in respect as Prince Vicente walks closer to the Throne.

Prince Vicente is a few steps closer to me since I was the one standing closest to the Throne.

I look up at Aaron, noticing that his face was devoid of any emotion. Aaron feels my stare and looks down at me for a few seconds before looking away.

I feel a hand grab my shoulder and pull me towards them.

"Ruby!" I hear my father shout my name as he steps forward but he is held back by the guards.

I stay silent as I realise that Prince Vicente had pulled me towards him and had held a knife to my throat.

Which dumbass even thought that Asturias, our longest enemy, would be our ally? How idiotic.

"So this is the diamond of your empire?" Vicente laughs, staring at me as he softly glides his knife down my cheek, "She is indeed a diamond."

All men and knights from our empire have their guns pointed at Vicente within seconds, ready to pull the trigger any second but they couldn't.

Aaron and the Emperor are on their feet, widening their eyes at the sight in front of us since I was standing right in front of the Throne.

"I thought we said no weapons," Vicente chuckles, glancing at Aaron.

"You clearly didn't abide by that," Aaron states, "So why should we?" He walks down the small marble staircase slowly.

"Tell your men to drop their guns," Vicente hisses, "Or else..."

"I surely won't mind stealing her life away," Vicente moves the knife down my cheek and my cheek is now bleeding, blood dripping down my cheek, down my neck.

Aaron hisses, "You'll regret this."

I'm staring at Elias from the corner of my eyes, noticing how worried he looks before I look back at Aaron.

"Drop the guns," Aaron commands and every single gun is dropped to the floor.

"Now, I want all of you to make way for us to leave," Vicente demands, pressing his knife against my neck, "If not, you'll be seeing her dead body."

Aaron stays silent for a few seconds, "Don't even think about touching her," he clenches his jaw as he raises his hand and waves his hand in the air, signalling everyone to make way for us.

Vicente holds my hand and drags me behind but I turn around and glance at Aaron as I walk out of the Throne Hall.

I'll come to you soon.

That is what he mouths to me and I nod, knowing that he will not go back on his word.

For I knew that Crown Prince Aaron was not the type to ever go back on his word.