six

ruby athens.

Aaron scoffs, "Since when does he call you just by
your first name?" He clicks his tongue, "Actually, what is he even doing here?"

"What is your problem?" I arch an eyebrow.

"Thank you for asking," he forces a smile, "He is my problem," he throws a look at Elias.

"Elias didn't even say a word to you," I scoff, "He was talking to me, not you."

Aaron blinks, a look of shock on his face as he slightly parts his lips, "First name basis?"

He gasps, "Wait. Is that even his name?" Aaron stares at me in confusion.

"Elias Vasikalis, Your Highness," Elias smiles, "Now since we are done with this conversation," he glances at me.

"Do you want to keep me company instead, Ruby?"

"Yes," I glare at Aaron before throwing Elias a small smile.

"Leave," Aaron scoffs, waving his hand at me in a dismissive manner, "At least I'll be at peace," he mumbles, throwing me a glare.

"Me too, your highness," I fake a smile.

Aaron clicks his tongue at me, rolls his eyes at me and places his hand on my back, "Goodbye, Ruby," he mutters, shoving me away from him.

I hold onto Elias' arm to steady myself, stopping myself from falling to the ground. I turn around to glare at Aaron but he had already sat inside the Rolls-Royce and had left.

"How much does he hate you?" Elias mumbles, looking down at me in amusement.

I sigh, "So much that he chopped my hair off when I was seven," I grumble, shivering at the thought of what happened that day.

"Oh," he mumbles, "And you did nothing?" He tilts his head.

I laugh, watching him open the door for me, "I shaved his head when he was asleep," I smile, "He was so embarrassed that he didn't step out from his room for a month."

"And the Emperor said nothing to you?" Elias glances at me as he closes the door before the SUV starts moving.

"No?" I shrug, "The Emperor always favoured me so he didn't care. Plus, he deserved it."

He nods, "You two have a unique relationship," he mumbles.

I gasp, "You know what? My father said the same thing as you," I scoff, "Please, stop talking about that devil. He brings me bad luck."

"Alright, my lady," he smiles, "How are you feeling towards the tournament today?"

"Are you taking part?" I arch an eyebrow, "Because we already have a clear winner."

He tilts his head, staring at me, "And is that me?"

"No," I shake my head, "It's me," I point at myself.

He blinks, "Oh, you can take part too?" Elias furrows his eyebrows, "I didn't know that a new condition was introduced when I was at war."

"It hasn't been introduced yet," I lean back on my seat, "It will be introduced today by the Crown Prince."

Elias looks amused.

He joins his hands and rests his chin on them, "We're making history. I'd love to see a lady win this."

"Does the Supreme Commander feel attacked?" I muse, "I think it is about time a lady steps up and put the weak men in their deserving places."

"I'd be more than honoured to see that, Ruby," he chuckles, "Even more honoured if that is you."

"And what would my prize be?" I glance at him with a small smile.

"Anything you desire," he assures.

"Anything?" I hum.

"Anything, sweetheart," he chuckles.

The car stops and the door opens. Elias is the first to get out and he holds out his hand for me to hold as I get out of the car.

"But I have everything, Elias," I chuckle, locking his arm with mine as we walk towards where everyone was seated.

He lowers his head, bringing his face closer to mine, "But you need a husband, sweetheart," he whispers.

I let out a laugh, "So you're implying if I win this, I'll get a husband as my prize?"

"No," he shakes his head, "You'll get me."

"But I already seem to have you wrapped around my finger," I tease.

"You do, sweetheart," he smiles, "Let's say you'll formally have me."

"I'll be looking forward to that, your grace," I chuckle.

The speakers make a noise, signalling that there was about to be an announcement, "Good morning, ladies and gentlemen. Let me make this quick, there's going a new change to this tournament."

That was our Emperor speaking.

"This year, the ladies can join the tournament as well. It seems like watching the men play every year has been quite tedious to watch. Well, that is what my son said."

I let out a laugh while everyone else release a bunch of cheers. It seems like Aaron has successfully convinced the Emperor to change the tradition.

"And with that," he chuckles, "Let the tournament begin."

The Emperor shoots a bullet in the air, marking the beginning of the tournament before he goes to sit next to his son, Aaron.

I glance at him, staring at him sitting comfortably on his seat. He lowers his gaze and his eyes fall on me. He instantly narrows his eyes at me before glaring at Elias next to me.

I feel Elias press his hand against my lower back, "Good luck, sweetheart. I know you will win this," he smiles down at me.

At this point, everyone was staring at us, especially gawking at his hand on my back. On the other hand, I could see that my father was staring at us, a pleased smile on his face.

"You better have my prize ready," I narrow my eyes, a smile making it's way to my lips.

"It already is," he chuckles, "You just need to come running back into my arms."

"I hate running though," I frown.

"Fine," he pulls his lips into a straight line, "Then, I'll come running to you."

"I like that better," I nod with a small smile.

"Now, go on," he smiles, "They're waiting for their best player to join them."

"I'll see you running soon?" I hum.

"Yes, you will, sweetheart," he chuckles, running his fingers through my hair.