3|Some Changes

Lily and James were making sure that both their kids were perfectly well. And, so, when they noticed the marks on both their children, they went to Dumbledore, who was upstairs checking the nursery for signs of the Dark Lord.

"Albus! Albus, have a look at these. You might get the answers as to how You- Know- Who died", James said urgently.

Dumbledore narrowed his eyes. He scrutinized both of their marks and thought about the prophecy. 'Hm... the elder one has been born since the prophecy was made. Voldemort didn't attack earlier. It must be the younger one', he thought.

He gestured Lily to hand over Alex and she did so, albeit reluctantly. She pursed her lips as she looked at Hadrian's mark. It already looked years old rather than an hour.

"I present to you- Alexander, the defeater of the Dark Lord, The Boy-Who-Lived", said Dumbledore dramatically. Hadrian frowned and bit his lip, a habit he had picked up from Lily. The only thought running in his head was, how the hell did Harry trust this guy, he is so dumb. He just decided that, no residue check or core identification.

The Potter couple's eyes widened and they gaped comically. Their son possessed the power to vanquish the most powerful dark lord of the century! They gushed over their dear Alex, forgetting that Hadrian was also there, looking confused and hurt.

Dumbledore frowned as his eyes found the Potter Heir. The boy needed to be kept away from his pawn. Maybe, just maybe he could use this one as well. Yes, it would all work out. He just needed to be isolated and forgotten so that Dumbledore was his saviour from constant loneliness.

"I suppose a party and congratulations are in order", he smiled benevolently.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Hadrian wasn't sure what the mistake he made was. His mum was mostly ignoring him. His dad, he knew favoured Alex but his mum had never let him feel lonely. At first he thought they were just busy due to all that was happening, but it had been a month since his mum had tucked him in bed or even wished him good morning. It hurt seeing them dote on Alex and pay him no mind.

He was laying in his bed, recalling the times The Other Harry was sad and alone. He never let negativity come his way. He recalled all he had learnt from his travels around the world.

As he was about to slip in his building mindscape, a pop startled him. His head jerked back towards the door where Mipsy, the head elf was standing. She bowed.

"Master Hadrian, Lady Lily asks Mipsy to help yous to get ready for Master Alex's party", she said, nervously.

Hadrian frowned. His mum always helped him get ready for any special event. He just sighed and nodded. He knew it was his brother's important day.

He chose a forest green shirt with black skinny trousers and a traditional black robe. He put a pair of blue rose buds in it's breast pocket and styled his hair like that of a proper pure-blood heir. Of course, Mipsy was there helping him in every step, worriedly. This could have a very bad backlash.

When he reached the ballroom, he nervously strode in while tugging at his robe's corner. He gulped and gathered all his courage.

"Mum! Mum, how do I look", he asked, eagerly.

She twirled around elegantly, and gasped. "Hadrian, Wh-what in Merlin's name is this. You look like one of those stuck-up boys", she reprimanded. Hadrian's face fell and he looked at his shoes.