9|The Potter Brat

A/N: If I am talking about the Harry from previous life, the name will be in italics. Enjoy...

He was pacing across the length of the Dining Hall, listening to any noises in the next room. He remembered discovering that he had a brother, last year. His brother- Hadrian- seemed the quiet and shy type. There was a crackle of fire in the Floo room and he ran, grinning from ear to ear.

"Hello Harry! I had an interview, yesterday about the time a boy pushed me to the ground and I had this HUGE bruise on my knee", He said.

"Brat", Harry greeted. "First- I don't do silly nicknames. Second- I don't fucking care about how a boy bumped into you and you got a scratch, nor do I care about your interview, midget", Hadrian monotoned.

Alex frowned and pouted. "I'll complain to Mum. I kept my promise and didn't utter a word of anything about you. Say, why don't they talk about you and why don't you send letters", he enquired.

"Shut up. I have things to do and places to be", He drawled out and left the room, his bag thrown carelessly on a shoulder.

Alex followed him through the whole way to the West wing. "Hey, don't go in there. The things kept there are extremely snotty and 'pureblood-y'", Alex warned.

"Brat, let me say it for a last time- don't follow me around. For the record, my room's in there, that is my wing", Hadrian hissed and kept going. Alexander tried to follow but was thrown back by an invisible wall. He let out a wail.

Hadrian looked back and straight in his eyes. He didn't want to tell his mother about Hadrian, he will make up an excuse.

"Alex! What happened, baby? Why are you lying here, like this", Lily sat beside him to help him up. He opened his mouth to say that he was following Hadrian when he fell down but stopped.

"I slipped. I was trying to get in the West wing", he said, instead.

"Alex, I told you that the West wing is just a dumpster for useless things", Lily softly said.

He frowned, this wasn't right. Hadrian lived in the West wing, how could it be a dumpster for 'useless things'. He'll have to ask his brother.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

The sheer audacity of the brat! Saying to his face that he was 'snotty'. He sneered. He glanced at the empty portrait in the room. Tenebris must be in the library.

Hadrian opened his bottomless bag and took out a pair of trousers and a snug fitting deep blue shirt. A pair of black trainers were fished out from another bag in the corner. Death bowed.

"Home, master?", the entity cocked a skully head.

"I am back at the Manor, yes. Home is somewhere you long to be. I only like to be here because I can actually do something productive with my day except sitting in classes where I know everything", Hadrian responded.

"We both know that you didn't take the Athrimancy and Runes last time. Dare I ask, why you read the whole seven books of their curriculum, last summer", came the question in return.

Hadrian ignored it and went to the bathroom. 

Death went away with a rickety chuckle. The door opened and Alex stepped in.

He stopped dead in his tracks as he took in the magnificent room in front of him. Beautiful and deep violet walls with indigo accents. A king sized bed draped in an elegant cream coloured bedspread. It was complemented with a bedroom bench in front and a chocolate brown study table on the side. On the bed's other side was a wardrobe, it was definitely a walk in, with a half-length mirror on one door.