27| The Mind Games

A/N: Update ppl!! Happy Yule!! Hadrian's room pic attached

"Harry", Lily Potter called out breathily.

Hadrian breathed shakily and almost stumbled. His eyes grew hard and he clenched his jaw.

He turned at breakneck speed- but decided against saying anything. He simply raised an eyebrow.

She was standing on a dais with the brat. The light in her eyes and the feeble smile that was slowly disappearing were eerily familiar. He realized with a jolt that he had seen the same expression on Artemisia's face numerous times.

"Lily, who's this?" Molly Weasley frowned, eyeing his hair and ears.

'None of your business, considering this is not your house and you are just a guest' Hadrian thought cheerfully. Oh, he was going to savour every moment.

"Lily, I'm sorry that I got so late but it really wasn't my fault", Lupin suddenly said, diffusing a bit of the tension.

Everyone had stopped talking and was listening keenly. Hadrian knew that he was going to need sympathy but without seeming weak.

'Yes, it's definitely not your fault for not knowing what I look like. Yes, I can definitely understand,' Hadrian scoffed mentally at the hypocrites.

"Anyways, to anyone wondering as to who I am- I am Hadrian Potter, the eldest Potter child and the heir", he finally spoke, addressing the gathering.

Hadrian gave a childish wave and started to walk off.

He, then, remembered his bag, snatched it from Lupin and shouldered it. Hadrian rushed to his wing and took comfort in the familiar surroundings.

"Hey old man! Missed your talented heir", Hadrian smirked arrogantly approaching the frame of Tenebris Potter.

"You are talented but not more so than me. I was a Dark Lord in my time, was I not?" Tenebris scoffed haughtily.

"Go and change. I believe it is time to for you to reveal your true self. Lily came in to look for you. I heard from Charlus that Dumbledore has already sowed seeds of doubt about you. Do not take anything they say to heart", Tenebris informed him, voice laced with concern.

"I don't care about them and I have a plan to make them as comfortable as possible when they talk to me. Don't worry though, there won't be any bloodshed... unless, they start it", Hadrian shrugged as if talking about weather.

He dropped his bag and decided to test his developing potential. Then, he was reminded of why he chose to go through all that pain years ago and thought against it.

He didn't want to burn the room to the ground.

Flashback

Hadrian yelped as something hot tickled his toe. He was thankful that he had been awoken from his horrid dream. He rubbed his eyes with his little hands and climbed down the huge bed with his little feet.

Hadrian opened his eyes. He coughed as smoke attacked his eyes and nose. He looked around his room, suddenly wide eyed. His heart hammered and a scream tore out of his throat.

"Tenebris! Tenebris! Mortem! Mortem! Where are- where are you! Help, help me. Th- the-there's fire here. I ca- can't breathe. Please! Someone help", Hadrian shouted helplessly as he watched his entire room going up in flames.

He crouched against the door, shaking. His breathing got labored as each second passed. He was forced to watch as the hangings caught fire, as the chandelier broke and fell down, scattering glass everywhere. He saw Tenebris's frame burn and turn to ashes.