16|The Bright Boy of Dark

A/N: Thx for all the love shown to this story!! $P.B$ refers to Parsletongue

2nd Sept 1991

James entered the mansion quietly. He knew Lily would be a force to be reckoned with. He had been out all night without a single letter. He shivered, thinking about how she was going to explode on him.

Bracing himself, he opened the bedroom door and peeked in. Lily was laying on the bed, shaking. The room was a mess. Albums were lying around and the wardrobe, as well as the cabinets, were open. He heard a sniffle.

"Lils, What's the matter? Are you hurt? Did something happen", he asked worriedly as he shrugged his coat off and knelt down beside her.

He felt his heart break a little at the condition of his precious Lily-flower. Her hair was all over the place, tangled and dull. Her eyes weren't shining as they usually did. They were puffy and red. Tear stains marred her face, her cheeks red- even the pillow wasn't spared.

"Lily, love, what's troubling you, sweetheart", James cupped her face as more tears slid down her cheeks. She shakily sat up, a wrinkled photo clutched to her chest.

"How could we do this James? How could we forget our own blood", she hiccuped, voice cracking on the word 'forget'.

"W-what are you talking about? Did you have a nightmare? Let me have a look at that photo", James tried to pry the picture from her hands. Lily just clutched the photo tighter.

"Lily, Come on. Get up, you need to get some air. Get cleaned up and I'll prepare breakfast. Then we'll take a walk around the grounds. There, you can tell me all about this. Sounds good", he helped her up. Lily nodded.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

3rd Sept 1991

Hadrian's eye twitched. His mood was getting worse by each passing minute and so was his quill's condition. It was going to snap soon.

"T-t-the best w-way to m-m-make your o-opponent lo-lose fo-fo-focus is t-to add a-a few m-m-minor he-hexes i-in your in-c-canta-a-ation ch-chains", Quirrell mumbled.

That was all his quill could take, it snapped. No one dared make a comment, they knew better than to. Hadrian had been sitting here since last period trying to decipher what the idiot was bumbling about. It was an arduous task, to say the least.

Quirrell's eyes flashed red and filled up with amusement. Of fucking course, Voldemort was having the time of his life watching him snap his quill in frustration. Hadrian held the two pieces together under the table and hisses $Reparo$ quietly.

The bell finally rang but no one got up. Hadrian nodded his head, permitting the snakes to leave before him. He could feel curiosity radiating off of Quirrell. He suspected Voldemort had thought that the King would be one of the Lestranges or Ethan.

"Professor, I had a doubt. Is it possible to perform a spell without hand movements and non verbally by an expert wandless wizard", Hadrian approached the man with a few theory notes on the subject.

Parsletongue was an amazing way but he couldn't use it wordlessly. He had been trying a way to use his senses to do magic. 

Like if he touched something and pushed some magic, it showed the result of a spell he thought about in his mind. If he heard something, he could change the pitch and frequency, alter the words or simply shut it up- painfully or painlessly was his choice. He could simply blink his eyes and perform every spell he could with his hands.