14|Getting In A Groove

A/N: O. M. G. Thank u all for 5K+ views and 300+ votes! Y'all are amazing!!

His entire world had paused, it seemed. Shaking himself out of his despairing thoughts, Sirius dug into his mind. Searching for the young wizard who was his godson. Searching for a memory that held his Harry's laughter.

A glimpse of jet black hair and he chased memory. He had just seen a young Harry climb a tree and apparate back using accidental magic when a hand on his shoulder broke his concentration. Sirius looked up angrily, intent to tell the person off, but stopped short on seeing Lily.

"Sirius, you seem lost. What's troubling you", asked a concerned Lily. He only gave a weak smile and shook his head. When she insisted, he said,"I... am not feeling good. I think I'll go back home early". He got up as Remus patted his shoulder in farewell.

"Lils, take some time to review old memories, won't you", he, then, smiled at Remus and floo-ed back to their home. Sirius hadn't been able to stand Grimmauld Place and, so convinced Moony to get a new place after they got married...

This was weird. Sirius wasn't behaving like his usual goofy self. Maybe, it was just his way of missing Alex. Lily knew that she was just trying to convince herself of his reasons, but it was working. The Manor seemed oddly empty. No one was laughing, running or giggling uncontrollably. She should get some dusting done in the East and West Wings with the elves.

She decided that they should begin with the West one. The elves seemed nervous and scared to enter it. Lily wondered what they were so intimidated by it.

"Mimsy, Flopsy, come on! We need to clean these Wings as well. The Main Wing is cleaned regularly because we stay there but these ones are rarely used and cleaned", she reasoned with a slightly admonishing tone.

"But Mistress, Master Hadrian has forbidden Mimsy and Flopsy from going in there. He has stopped Mimsy using ways Mimsy does not know about", the elf cried out. Lily frowned. The name sounded familiar.

"Alright, wait here. I'll be back", she smiled and walked towards the one part of the house that James disliked.

She lifted her hand to push open the large ornate doors but paused on noticing the runes inscribed on the borders- disguised as designs. Lily could only recognise some and got general idea of what the runes were for. Throwing anyone entering without permission out, rather painfully.

Lily tried to enter, assuming that as a Potter, she would be able to. How wrong she was! Lily would have cracked a bone if not for Flopsy.

"What. In Merlin's name! Was. That", She braced herself, panting.

"Bad Mimsy! Bad Mimsy! Mimsy could not save Mistress", the poor elf twisted her ears, tears springing to her eyes. Her lip trembled and she burst out crying.

"Hush Mimsy! Don't say that! You didn't know, did you", Lily cooed softly.

"Of course Mimsy knew! Master Hadrian put these on when he was six and Mimsy took him his food till Master learnt cooking when Master bes seven", the little thing cried.

"Who- who are you talking about, Mimsy", Lily hesitantly asked.

"Heir Hadrian Potter- Master Alexander's older brother", the elves replied in confusion. Lily bolted to the door again. Desperately trying to be let in and see whom they were talking about. Surprisingly, she was let in by the doors. If she would have looked back, Lily would have noticed the runes glow slightly before going back to normal.