15|Go Cry A River

A/N: HAPPY NEW YEAR!! AND THANK U FOR 6K+

"Good morning Hadrian"

"Back from your morning routine, Hadrian?"

"How are you today, Hadrian"

Ethan grinned as he walked on said boy's side. He muttered rude replies and remarks along the way. Cedric hit his arm and shot him a disapproving glare, quietly asking him to 'shut the hell up'. Hadrian had a large boyish smile plastered on his oh-so-perfect face. He greeted everyone  who even looked their way and he used their names. 

How he remembered everyone's names and faces so easily was beyond Ethan. Every question was answered- either with a roguish wink or an enthusiastic 'Splendid'. He saw Daphne waiting for them with her arms crossed and a bored face.

"You two should just wait for him outside his bathroom", Daphne hissed as she looped her arm around Hadrian's arm that hung loosely by his side.

"I think that you're just jealous that you aren't his centre of attention all the time", Cedric sneered. His face did not look as friendly as it did during their first year. He was still a Hufflepuff but with more ferocity.

"As if! Daphne knows where she stands and she doesn't mind- unlike you two. Always, squabbling like children", Hadrian remarked, as he pried his hand free and marched forward. The guy moved with natural grace and absently measured steps. 

The Slytherins didn't stand up but nodded at him as he passed by them. These subtle gestures showed who was in command. Sometimes, Ethan felt satisfied. 

Except a few, every one of these people who had belittled him when he befriended Hadrian, were now forced to acknowledge his position above them. They had been shown their place and it was under him. He felt a smile tug at his lips.

Ethan sat beside Hadrian but his pleasant mood disappeared as he saw that his seat was shorter than said boy. He internally scowled. Slytherin, himself, had enchanted their benches to show their ranks with their heights. Their hierarchy was only unofficial because the other Founders did not approve of intra-house divisions.

Ethan felt a twinge of jealousy (which happened at least twice a week) from all the submission shown to Hadrian. Of course, fools like Weasel No. 3 were exceptions.

"Morning Mr. Heartthrob", Stellan sung while slipping on the other seat seat beside Hadrian, as he gestured lightly to the girls subtly trying to keep Hadrian in their viewing range. Hadrian was, naturally, aware of this fact but chose to focus on his food. He never seemed to care about the attention- except when he needed to force someone's hand just to teach them a lesson.

"Stellan- on the right. Zenith- on the left. Draco- I won't say 'you're young' but prove your worth first. Daphne- second one to the left. Bianca, Ethan- the usual", Hadrian drawled as he walked to the chair in the front.

He sat for sometime with the snakes from their year but actually had breakfast with his close friends. As he had a different and healthier menu, how the elves knew what to give him when- was a mystery.

"Good morning Mr. Potter. Mr. Weasley- Percy Weasley has accused you of having an unsanctioned snake in your dorm. I don't believe it but it is protocol", McGonagall pursed her lips.

"Professor, I do have a snake but it was permitted by my Head of House. You may see Vasilissa- that is her name- if you wish to, with the permission slip now", Hadrian offered. McGonagall nodded and he got up.

"What kind of a snake is she, Mr, Potter- if you don't mind", she asked on the way.

"Not at all, Professor. Lisa- it's what I think she prefers over her real name- is an African Bush Viper. I'm not sure if she'll be there, though. She might have wandered into the Forest to hunt", Hadrian replied, lying through his teeth. He didn't want the woman to cast diagnostics and reach the conclusion that Lisa's venom was deadly.