28|She's My Sister

"Nicholas Everdeed", Hadrian's proud voice echoed in the silent room.

"Everdeed? As in Apollo and Evangeline Everdeed's son?" Lily asked in a quiet gasp.

"The very same, I believe. I would know their names better than anyone else, after all", Nicholas smirked impertinently.

"No Everdeed is welcome in my home! Get out", James yelled.

"Calm down Lord Potter, I am a guest of your very own heir", Nicholas warned coldly.

"No son of mine will ever be friends with an Everdeed", James shouted, face red in anger.

"At least you admit that you don't consider me your child. Good to know, thank you and I hope against hope to never see you again as well", Hadrian gave a cold nod as farewell, eyes hard.

He traversed the room in swift strides, seizing Nicholas by the arm. Though Nicholas began to speak, Hadrian silenced him with a cautionary look. Leading him to the gates of the Potter Manor, Hadrian gradually released his grip. Nicholas's shoulders drooped slightly, and he let out a deep sigh. Nicholas rubbed Hadrian's arm tentatively and Hadrian nodded, slowly taking calming breaths.

"You didn't have to do it", Nicholas said, breaking the silence.

"Do not dictate what I ought or ought not have done," Hadrian retorted sharply.

"I've faced that reaction many times... I could've handled it", Nicholas tried, softly.

"You are the only one who can understand. Don't do this", Hadrian pleaded, strangely vulnerable.

"Let's go. Tierra must be anxious", Nicholas suddenly changed the topic.

"Malfoy Manor first. The Peverell wards don't know you yet", Hadrian outstretched his arm, wand in hand.

The dreary atmosphere of the Potter Manor faded away, replaced by the sudden appearance of a triple-decker purple bus. Its color was vibrant and eye-catching, standing out even in the magical world. Hadrian smiled wearily. The infamous Knight Bus.

"Welcome to the Knight bus, emergency transport for the stranded witch or wizard. Just stick out your wand hand, step on board and we can take you anywhere you want to go. My name is Stan Shunpike, and I will be your conductor this evening", the odd teen looked just like his memory.

"The Coffee Garden, Wiltshire", Hadrian stepped in, handing Stan one galleon and three sickles.

Nicholas trailed cautiously behind, his gaze scanning the peculiar interior of the bus with a hint of wariness. As he saw Hadrian taking care of the payment, he furrowed his eyebrows in mild protest but opted to keep his thoughts to himself, maintaining a thoughtful silence. A united front was better in an unknown surrounding.

"I could have paid for myself", he whispered softly.

"You can return it afterwards. I'm just in a hurry right now", Hadrian took a seat and put on his seatbelt.

They didn't speak much on the way. Both of them were the quiet ones of their group. They didn't offer much to discuss but people preferred to keep them around. For Hadrian, he could understand... but Nicholas, himself, he wasn't too sure about it. 

"Tierra didn't say anything about staying at the Peverell Chateau?" Hadrian asked looking straight ahead.

"No... but she did seem very off put at having to stay there", Nicholas said slowly, weighing each word.

"I had the Chateau cleaned up and ready to stay a month ago. Obviously, I didn't exactly know what sort of room she would like, so I had three rooms decorated in different ways so she could have her pick. So-" Hadrian suddenly bit his lower lip.