23|Draco Malfoy

A/N: I am so sorry for not updating soon!!!

"Alex!" Neville burst out, the moment he saw Alex and Hermione. "I was trying to find you to warn you, I heard Malfoy saying he was going to catch you, and he said you had a drag-"

Alexander shook his head violently to shut Neville up, but Professor McGonagall had seen. She looked more likely to breathe fire than Norbert as she towered over the three of them.

"Now, Hadrian, explain", McGonagall turned to the older sibling.

Neville had mixed feelings about him. Alex called him a devil but he had only seen the guy smile and be kind. Another thing to be noted was that McGonagall turned to him for an explanation.

"Professor, it isn't either of my friends' faults. I had overheard Alexander and Ms. Granger talking about having to go somewhere after midnight. I was worried about them breaking the curfew so I decided to follow him, but Ethan and Roger were with me at the time so accompanied me. I believe that it is only I who is at fault here", Hadrian gave a small rueful smile.

"Is that true Mr. Malfoy, and Mr. Davis?" McGonagall sighed.

"Yes Professor. We know we shouldn't have accompanied him- discouraged him even- but he is more stubborn that a niffler in search of gold", Ethan hung his head in regret.

"Alexander, how would you like to justify your actions, now?" McGonagall narrowed her eyes.

"I didn't do anything! It's these slimy snakes! They were sneaking out and Hermione and me just wanted to catch them", Alex protested in a loud voice.

"Not 'Hermione and me' Alexander, it's 'Hermione and I'", Hadrian said as if he reminded Alex that on a weekly basis.

"When did you start talking so nicely to me", Alex shouted angrily, "Professor, he's pulling this to escape punishment".

"I can decide that myself, Alexander. Thank you for your concern", McGonagall said dryly.

"Professor, I understand that punishment for breaking rules is necessary, but Neville did it to save a friend. I am not trying to excuse his actions but I do not believe that detention is necessary- point deduction, yes, it is. Please consider my request", Hadrian said out of the blue.

Neville felt shocked- but honoured too- that Hadrian vouched for him. Alex was looking at Neville like he kicked his crup and Hermione seemed to be shooting fire through her eyes. Neville looked away.

He felt guilty enough for almost getting them in trouble by saying it in front of McGonagall but now, he was probably going to be let off the hook too. The two of them must be seeing it as unfair.

"I believe that Mr. Potter is correct. Mr. Longbottom, 20 points will be deducted, don't let there be a next time. And if there is, the punishment will be severe. Kindly leave for the dormitory", McGonagall gave him a note to show Filch, in case Neville was stopped.

As he was passing by Hadrian, he patted Neville's shoulder, leaned down and whispered, "Next time, do it for yourself. I won't be here all the time". Neville nodded shakily and, opening the door, swiftly walked away.

Just as he was about to turn a corner, out of his eye's corner, he saw the door open again. Out walked the Slytherin King and two of his best friends. Malfoy and Davis seemed to struggling not to burst out laughing while there was a gleam of satisfaction is Hadrian's eyes.

Hadrian held up three fingers in the air as McGonagall's door closed. He closed his eyes and mouthed 'three', 'two', and 'one'.

"WHO DO YOU TWO THINK YOU ARE?! MEDLING IN THINGS YOU HAVE ABSOLUTELY NO BUSINESS, EVEN KNOWING ABOUT", McGonagall's muffled voice screamed.