𝐓𝐞𝐧.

Warning ⚠️ Graphic images ahead

-

Alastor glared at his short friend; your eyes still glued to the leaves suspended above your head. "Mimzy," he hissed in warning. The flapper just shrugging with a smug look plastered to her face. Slowly, with the weakest of smiles, you tugged on Alastor's coat sleeve, earning his undivided attention almost immediately.
"Cash or check?" you whispered softly, the brunette's gaze loosening at your question.

"Check," he winked and the both of you walked out from beneath the mistletoe. "Hey, wait! I want proof of when you do kiss!" Mimzy spouted in annoyance, stomping her tiny foot on the ground. Alastor simply waved her off like an irritating fly. "I can assure you that we'll get to it when we return home," he lied through his natural charm, a smirk on his lips.
"Oh, come on!" she cried and strolled up to the taller man with a frown. "We both know that you won't do it unless I nudge you along a little bit!" Alastor hummed.

"You're right; it won't happen," he said, "because she's my friend." The radio host emphasized on the word "friend", your heart seeming to wring itself out like a wet towel upon hearing his words. "Baloney!" Mimzy yelled, your two companions walking ahead and leaving you to trail behind a little more slowly. Alastor stared at the petite woman as she rambled, Zandor groaning in annoyance. Does she ever shut up?

Now, now, Zandor, Alastor calmed the Loa, holding back a chuckle while the prince growled. You're fond of her as well, are you not? Zandor grumbled something along the lines of having no opinion towards you, which only made Alastor's need to laugh even more prominent. "Fine," he groaned and turned to face you, his steps halting along with Mimzy's annoyed speech, causing you to almost bump into him. "Wait, really?" Her tone was excited as she watched her friend step in your direction and cup your cheeks in both his gloved hands, your eyes widening.

"I apologize for this, my darling," he breathed, slowly pressing his warm lips to your forehead. The kiss was gentle and compassionate, despite it being a fluke, and you couldn't stop the heat from rising in your cheeks. He then broke away from you while Mimzy rolled her eyes. "That's not what I meant," she complained in that high-pitched voice of hers. Alastor's grin simply expanded. "You never specified, my dear!" He barked a laugh and walked back over to the flapper, leaving you to, once again, follow behind.

"Asshole," Mimzy grumbled. Alastor gasped loudly and fell back, joining you by your side. "Such language should be considered a crime!"
"Actually," you giggled, "I recall you saying, and I quote, 'It's fucking insane, you're slowly killing yourself', or something along those lines." Your friend scowled at you. "Yes, well, at least you're eating better now," he tried to change the subject, Mimzy's ocean blue eyes rolling again.

A long moment went by, your ears tuning in to the Christmas carols children were singing and the endless chatter of happy couples sharing stories with one another, gentle kisses being gifted between them. It was a shame you couldn't have something like that. Damien wouldn't allow such a thing — or more so, your job would keep potential lovers away. They would never want to be with a woman who sold herself to other men for a living. That just seemed to go without saying. A man cleared his throat behind you. Well, speak of the Devil himself.

"Oh, here comes your knight in shining armor," Alastor said in a tone that was anything but amused after the both of you and Mimzy had wheeled around to face the newcomer. The last time Alastor saw you with him, he had kissed you — it would only make sense if he thought Damien was your square. "Does she speak of me that much?" the mobster drawled with a grin. "Only notoriousl— ow!" he yelped when you had harshly jabbed his side with your elbow. "Hello, Damien," you greeted nervously, fiddling with your fingers.