𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧.

"Absolutely not," Gabriel shook his head and crossed his arms. His large wings were unfurled and fluffed up, causing him to look very similar to an angry owl. He had just been told the news about the princess of Hell's lovely redemption hotel and was quite upset about it. Well, not about the hotel, but about you heading down alone. The last thing he wanted you to do was get into another tousle with an overlord.

Who knows how it would end if he wasn't there by your side?

"Gabriel, I can do this on my own! Why do you always treat me like I'm a child!?" you argued with a scowl on your face, arms crossed under your chest as you leaned against the wall. "I'm not treating you as a child. I'm looking out for you because I care about you!" he hissed and clenched his fists tightly. Rolling your eyes, you mumbled, "Not more than you care about your job." Gabriel's eyes narrowed.

"If I cared about my job up here more than I cared about you, then I wouldn't be leaving it behind to help you down in that pit of damnation."

Your breath caught in your throat as you lifted your head to look at him, "What?" The divine being nodded. "If you're to leave, you're to leave with me at your side. I will not allow any other options," he explained, already turning to begin sifting through your closet for clothes to pack. "But an Archangel in Hell can be dangerous, right?" Your attempt to reason with him was futile, a simple glance being earned from your friend as he pulled out a few shirts, dresses, undergarments, and whatnot.

"Not nearly as dangerous as a half-blood angel roaming those horrible depths on her own," he stated and reached back inside the wardrobe, a duffel bag being found and set on the bed next to your clothes. "So, start packing. You said you needed to be there by tomorrow morning correct?" he asked. You hummed in acknowledgment, walking over to the side of the bed and beginning to stuff your belongings into the bag.

"And why were you the one chosen to do this, if you don't mind my asking?" Gabriel queried as he, too, started packing the things he would require after summoning them with a flick of his wrist. "I was the only volunteer. Once all the others heard that there would be no exterminating, they lost interest." Gabriel let out a small grunt of understanding, his robes being neatly folded and placed into his bag while you simply stuffed everything in any way they would fit.

"Not like that, you ditz," he sighed and waved his index and middle fingers, all of your outfits leaving the duffel bag and folding themselves before floating back into the confined space. You frowned and zipped it up, tossing it to the floor beside the entrance to your room. "Thanks, no more work for me," you giggled and flopped down on the bed, watching as Gabriel shook his head in playful disapproval.

"So, anything you would like to do while we're down there?" he asked once he had double checked his bag and set it beside yours. A snort of a laugh left you. "Pfft! Is that even a question? I wanna kick that stupid red deer's ass for trying to take what's mine!" you yelled, folding your wings close to your body and carefully stroking the delicate feathers that adorned the extensions. Gabriel shook his head. "We aren't allowed to exterminate, as you've just mentioned. Plus, chances are slim we'll even run into him again."

"Eh, we'll still be on Pride. We might," you said and puffed your right cheek out a little. Your hands began fidgeting with each other as your thoughts began to wander as they usually did. First starting at the extermination, then to how you got captured, then to the moment Gabriel had saved you from being mutilated, and then...

And then to how awfully similar that moment had been when you were still alive, Alastor pulling you out of situations with Damien until he had ended up murdering him. Those eyes. Those damned eyes. They were bright, glowing, if you had to find a better word. Wildly psychotic behind that bloodied skull mask.