𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐒𝐢𝐱.

Alastor hadn't even managed a word of protest before he saw his own shadow slip away from himself, joining the shadow of Damien on the back of the couch. Zandor silently cleared his throat, Damien's silhouette lifting its head from where it was following its host's actions and turning to look at who had interrupted. The Loa's red smile grew, his fist reeling back before proceeding to forcefully sock the opposing shadow in the jaw.

Damien's head whipped to the left, body tumbling off the couch and impacting against the aged wood with a thump and a low groan. In a rush, you launched yourself off the sofa and towards Alastor with a single beat of your wings, your arms tightly coiling around his form in a hug. The stag stumbled back a step or two from the sudden weight of your body against his, but didn't hesitate to return the embrace, his strong arms easily lifting you so that your legs could wrap around his waist and your arms his neck.

"(Y/n), did he touch you anywhere?" he asked worriedly, one of his hands running through your hair. You said nothing in response, only a head shake being earned from you while you buried your face into Alastor's shoulder. Your gut went sour and you could feel your heart struggling to keep up with its quick pace, a soft hum from the stag aiding only in the slightest to calm your troubled nerves. Zandor slid back towards the trio and created a shadow on the floor again, Damien beginning to push himself to his feet.

"Fuckin' prick!" Husk yelled from the front counter and threw an empty bottle at the reptile, the object just barely whisking past his face and smashing against the wall behind him, Damien not flinching in the slightest. "Listen, I get you're angry, but that woman is my property. She signed a contract," he waved one of his hands. Alastor's red eyes narrowed, Gabriel beginning to mumble Enochian under his breath as if he were trying to plant a curse on the man.

You violently shuddered in Alastor's arms. "The contract was destroyed shortly after your death. Your rights to her are no more," the overlord growled. He silently watched as Damien narrowed his eyes, the single golden one seeming to glow bright. "You're a pathetic man, Alastor. After killing my clients, employees, and me, I should put an end to this madness right now," his words were a hiss, like they came straight from the tongue of a snake, what remained of his lips drawing back in a snarl.

"But I'll wait for that. Make it really count. Maybe when I take down Lucifer and claim the throne, I'll have you locked up. Torture you until you're just a pile of rot and bone." Alastor's claws lightly dug into your back at those words, a whimper of pain slipping from your mouth as he did so. In an instant he released you, Gabriel shooting him a silent glare. That throne was his. He was going to be the one with the crown sat upon his brow, not a lowlife sinner that got his hands on some flashy gun.

"You'll never be able to kill Lucifer with a gun and some confidence," Alastor spat, your tears beginning to soak his overcoat. "You'll need a few braincells as well, which is something you're clearly lacking. The crown will be mine by the next extermination, and then we'll see who'll be laughing." Damien chuckled, curling a claw over his skeletal mouth. "My, Alastor. You've gotten ambitious. It used to just be the sullen ones on the street, but I see you've gotten so arrogant that you truly believe that you, a mortal soul, can kill Lucifer without an angelic weapon?"

Naturally, he wanted to snap something in return about his plan and taking angel's blood from you, but that would be foolish. So, he decided to be the bigger person and walk away from the conversation, smile wide and arms wrapped around your back to keep you from falling. Gabriel stuck behind to give Damien a strong and harsh scolding, knowing that the sinner had no power to kill him.

You whimpered. "Shh, it's alright. He'll be gone soon, I promise. I've dealt with him once and I can do it again, my love. So just hold on, alright?" he whispered and gently kissed your ear.