𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲.

You were fuming. What were the odds that this man that had tried to tear your limbs off just so happened to be working at the hotel you were meant to be aiding and promoting? Not many! Yet, here you were, your spear manifesting into your grasp so you could easily hold the deathly weapon to the sinner's throat.

"You foul, rotting bag of flesh and roaches!" you yelled, the tip of the spear pressed to the stag's neck as his eyes widened, seemingly in shock. "How dare you even think about stepping into the same room as me after what you've done!" By now, the whole lobby had fallen silent, everybody's eyes on the tall, red man. Gabriel stepped beside you and set a hand on your shoulder, doing little to nothing to calm your senses. The overlord remained silent, his smile straining and his hands raising to show he was not a threat.

It wasn't long until Charlie spoke up, her voice sounding worried. "Eh-heh...uh...what happened, exactly?" she tapped her indexes together nervously, her yellow-hued eyes filled with concern for the situation at hand. "What happened!? I'll tell you what happened! This sad excuse of a man tried to steal my wings from me yesterday!" you cried out, forcing the blade closer to his neck. Just one stab through his throat and he would vanish from Hell forever. It would be that easy.

Lightly pushing the tip of your weapon away from his neck, he laughed a little, "I'm sorry, but I didn't realize you'd be coming here." Your hands clenched down on the metal pole of your spear and you quickly realigned it with his jugular. "Sure! But you would have done it either way!" The deer's brows furrowed, and he began to speak once again, his voice heavy with static, "That isn't-"
"Oh, bullshit! You said, and I quote, 'I've always wanted a pair of these beauties on my wall'!"

Everyone had turned to look at the taller demon, silent. "Al?" Charlie folded her arms beneath her chest, your wrist beginning to throb lightly. "Charlotte, I swear I-"
"Al," she repeated more sternly, the frown on her face showing how upset she was with what was being said. The man shook his head while forcing his smile wider. "I told you! I wouldn't-"
"Alastor!" Charlie finally yelled, the Radio Demon's mouth opening and closing, attempting to speak, though no words came out. He didn't know what to say. His smile just doubled in size, and he kept quiet, your weapon falling to your side.

Him. Of all people. Him. It made sense now, you supposed. He showed up around the same time you did in Heaven and was a radio host from the 1920s, also an infamous murderer. How could you have been so foolish? So blind?

Your entire form seemed to twist around itself, suffocating your heart and causing it a struggle to beat properly. After so many years, here you were with him once more. He wasn't just some lowlife sinner. No, this god forsaken creature was an overlord. One of the most powerful. Despite all of that, there was just one thing that really pained you.

He hadn't changed a bit.

Your wrist ached and you pulled the array of bandages and jumpsuit fabric back to see the strange symbol glowing, a thick ball of saliva being swallowed. "Why didn't you tell me?" you whispered over your shoulder to Gabriel, who was looking rather ashamed. Nobody in the room had dared to speak after the name Charlie had spoken, an odd sense of unease having settled into everyone's bones. "(Y/n), I didn't-"
"Why didn't you tell me, Gabriel!?" you snapped. The Archangel fell silent, only leaving you more angered than before.

"You." Whipping around, you pointed a finger at the overlord, now revealed to be Alastor's, chest, your body trembling. "Stay away from me. I don't want you to fucking touch me. I don't want to see you. I don't even want to think about you anymore. So, get rid of this damned thing on my arm and leave me alone." Alastor's eyes narrowed and his smile thinned, not a word leaving his mouth. He didn't even bother to move. "I'm afraid I don't know what you're talking about, little doe," he said, though the aching had begun to quell. Your jaw clenched.