𝐒𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧.

Gabriel silently aided you to adjust your jumpsuit so it would sit comfortably around your wings while you were busy coiling bandages around both your wrists. Mostly just to add classiness for the extermination, but also because there was a scarlet marking that had appeared there decades ago. Gabriel was the only one who knew of it, and he had agreed to keep quiet, which you were more than thankful for. You didn't know why, but something about it seemed off. As if it didn't belong up here. That if someone were to find out, that would be the end of your time here.

You had been redeemed and polished of your foul ways, never having slept with someone since you stepped foot into the gates. No, sex was not a sin, but abusing it and having intercourse with any man that offered a high enough price was. Besides, you didn't want to be reminded of your past life, so you simply threw the idea away and worked on reconstructing yourself into a better, cleaner person.

"(Y/n)," Gabriel spoke, his numerous eyes glancing at you as you were about to reach for the mask that hid your face during the exterminations. "How about some training beforehand?" he suggested in that strange voice of his, setting his hand over yours and pulling it away from the mask. You nodded. "It could be good for me. What do you wanna work on?" There was soft hum while he thought, his eyes soon landing on your roll of gauze. "Blind fighting. It will heighten your senses for when you cannot see a demon from behind." You listened in confusion, watching as he swiped the bandages from the vanity stand and began wrapping it over your eyes.

He led you to the center of the mostly empty room and released your hand, leaving you feeling a little confused. "Take off your shoes. Listen to my voice. Feel the vibrations through the ground," he explained, closing his numerous eyes. "Angels have delicate receptors for just about everything. This gives us a great advantage in combat." Hesitantly, you slipped your boots off and placed your bare feet on the wooden floors. "Turn to where I am," Gabriel told you. Then you felt the wood shiver, only slightly, when he stepped to the right, your body shifting to face him.

"Very good. Again." He repeated the process, though this time it was more difficult. He had very lightly slid across the floor to the left and backwards, but you still sensed the tingling in the bottom of your feet. "I'm sorry, Gabe, but how will this help me if I'm wearing shoes down in Hell?" you tried to reason, not removing the blindfold. "Feeling vibrations through the air. Though this comes with long hours of training, perhaps now would be a good time to start. For now, I wish for you to attack me. I'll move, you go on offense." Sighing, you pulled your spear from your back and placed one foot in front of the other, waiting for your instructor to move.

The smallest creak of a floorboard alerted you and you launched your weapon in the direction of the vibration, the pointed spear planting itself into the wall opposed to you. "Damn it," you hissed, the weapon manifesting in your hand once more. "Again," Gabriel instructed, his steps moving to the left this time. You charged in his direction but rammed into the wall, stumbling onto the floor. "Okay, ouch." Gabriel lifted you back onto your feet. "Again."

Your arms were heavy and tired by the time you had finally managed to aim correctly, Gabriel's lesson having seemed to drag on for hours. The extermination may have passed by then. "I'm impressed, (Y/n). Keep working and perhaps you'll be like the warriors up here." You nodded and stretched, hearing the echoing, yet satisfying, pops of your spine as you pushed your stomach forwards. "Now let us leave. The sirens will begin their cries in ten minutes," he said and left the room. You removed the blindfold and slipped your combat boots back on, snatching the LED mask from the vanity stand and adjusting it over your features.

"(Y/n)," Gabriel set his hand on your shoulder as you joined the other angels crowding at the portals' entrances, a timer set above it to count down the minutes until they would be opened. "Yes, Gabriel?"
"Be safe. I know I always say that, but it's dangerous down there," he whispered, knowing an Archangel had no business joining an extermination. "Ah, you worry too much. This isn't my first extermination! I'll be back unscathed, just you see!" you laughed and gave him a hug, your friend easily returning it and wrapping his wings around you. "Okay, but if you need help, call for me," he nodded just as the sirens began blaring and the portals tore open, angels already diving down into the pits below.