𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐫𝐭𝐲 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞.

The bubbles were angry and large, deflating when they got too full before new ones quickly took their place. Alastor had shrieked with so much static you thought your ears would begin to bleed. He stumbled back from you, clutching the side of his face while he stared at the reason for his pain.

Holy water.

Gabriel was stood with his wings flared up and out with a huge grin on his face that was slowly fading to a look of regret. The flesh and blood dripped off of the stag's face, slapping against the floor with horrible squelching sounds. The sizzling on his skin echoed, everyone staring in silent horror as Alastor's face practically decomposed in front of them. You were the first to react, snatching Alastor's hand and throwing him to the floor just before he could launch himself at the saint.

He snarled, thrashed beneath you, eyes wide with hatred and fear. His jaws snapped, foam pouring from his mouth, splattering against the floor and leaving small wet spots. Claws curling into the wood when you sat on top of him, you hurriedly shouted over your shoulder, "Husk! A knife! I need a knife!" The feline wasted not a moment to fumble through his supplies before pulling a Swiss army knife from a drawer, hastily tossing it to you.

Charlie had run over to your side, helping keep the stag down. "Jesus, holy fuck, what do we do!?" she cried out, tears brimming her yellow hued eyes. You wanted to cry as well, but now was anything but the time. There was still chance you could help him. There had to be. "Just keep him still okay?" you ordered and flicked the knife open, very carefully placing it to your skin. The metal was cold, frigid even. It seemed to hiss, begging you to go through with your mission, wanting savor the sensation of your blood on its sharp blade.

So, you slid it down your wrist, a chunk of your flesh peeling off and the wound beginning to bleed profusely. You had to bite back a scream of pain, your eyes squeezing the tears away when they had screwed themselves shut. Alastor writhed wildly beneath you, howling with agony as more of his body melted from his bones. It's still reversible, you falsely assured yourself.

He was going to be okay! Yeah, that's right! You would fix him and then tell him how everything went according to plan and that he had just gotten into a small mishap with Gabriel. He would survive. This wasn't the end of it...

Please don't let this be the end.

Taking the flesh you had rid yourself of, you pried Alastor's powerful jaws open, the stag resisting heavily. He shook his head in denial, wishing not to swallow whatever you were trying to feed him. "Charlie, help me get this in!" you choked out, the pain in your wrist growing to something abominable. The princess nodded, setting her hands inside Alastor's foaming mouth and — with much difficulty — pulling it open.

He shook like a lion that had a monkey on its back, trying desperately to close his jaws while you quickly threw the blood-covered morsel onto his tongue, Charlie's hands immediately removing themselves while you forcefully kept his mouth shut with both hands, the princess then blocking off his nose so he would be obligated to swallow. His form shuddered, a light coursing through his veins and stretching like spiderwebs.

His struggling came to a stop, muscles relaxing. There was no movement beneath you and you could see the branches of gold on his neck begin to vanish. Why isn't it working? Sliding off of the demon's back, you looked at his mangled face, his golden teeth visible from the gaping hole the water had created. All the flesh on the left side of his face had been completely burned off, leaving only some muscle and a little skin clinging to the bones.

"Alastor?" you rasped, giving his shoulder a weak shake. Angel Dust was crouched next to Charlie who had both her hands over her mouth and tears running down her pasty white face. "Alastor?" Once again, you shook him, this time with a little more force. No...No, he's okay! He's okay! He has to be! "Alastor, c-come on, you're okay," you told the stag. His ear didn't even twitch. "You're okay, Al! Come on! Get up!" Your words were more forceful, tears beginning to blur whatever sight you had.