𝐄𝐥𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐧.

The phone rang while Alastor sat at his desk, waiting for someone to pick up on the other end of the line. Zandor was stood next to him with a large grin, ready for his host to give the thumbs up so he could begin to speak. "Greetings, this is Amatores." Bingo. Alastor held the phone to the Loa, who took the device and spoke into the mouthpiece. "Ah, wonderful," Zandor's raspy voice spoke, red eyes darting to the brunette to be sure he was saying what he was meant to. "I was hoping I could make an appointment with one of your... Mm..." there was a pause while Zandor checked his talons. "Whores. For tonight." There was another silence, Alastor's eyes narrowing as he waited for the shadow to speak again.

"Really? How perfect. Put it under the name..." he glanced at Alastor. "Put it under the name Zandor." Nobody knew what a Loa was in this day and age anyway, it was perfect. This was simply so Alastor would remain anonymous. "Yes. I'll meet her at the inn. Have a good day." The shadow simply hung up, smiling at his host while he did so. "What did he say?"
"We have a slot for eight thirty. Said he'd find one of his women for us." The man nodded and waved the prince away before pulling his headset on, straightening out the papers he had to read for his morning broadcast.

Perfect, he mused, seeing Jeremy's corpse in the headlines. What a way to go about it, hm? You were asleep. He let you rest; you deserved it at that moment. No more Jeremy meant no more worries! Check on her, he hissed in his mind to Zandor, watching as a shadow slipped apart from his own and left the recording room, giving him the okay to flick the 'on' switch. "Good morning, New Orleans!" he greeted into the mic with a smile as usual, adjusting his glasses while glancing down at the papers.

"What a lovely winter morning we're having! I hope you're all excited for Christmas — only one more week, folks! Keep hangin' on!" A boisterous laugh left him, followed by the famed laugh track. "But, before anything else, let's start with worst things first," his tone dropped to something a little more...grim. Not exactly sad, but happiness wasn't in there either. "Unfortunately, early this morning, the body of, uhm..." he swallowed thickly, hesitating. "A colleague of mine down at the studio was found." He sniffed, mumbling a few words away from the mic in a way that would still be heard by the audience but incomprehensible. All for special effect, all for the show.

"A man by the name of Jeremy Rogers, my coworker and friend, was discovered mutilated in an alleyway near a restaurant. Dear listeners, as always, if you wish to tune out on the details, now would be the time to do so," he warned, while reading over the article once more. He couldn't give all the details out. That would be too suspicious. So, he would need to read what was written on the paper. "For those who are still listening, he was found by a young lady that works at the diner. The body was found with its chest messily torn open, heart on the floor, and-" he gagged (falsely, but gagged all the same) before continuing to read. "And, uh... his small intestinal track pulled through his mouth, back into his chest, and tied with the free end." Like a little racetrack for food, he thought, suppressing a laugh. That's what you would say if you were a psychopath like him.

I'm glad she isn't though. I'm really glad she isn't.

"I..." he took a shaky breath. "I'm sorry, I can't do this this morning... I'll be on again this afternoon. Enjoy your morning, folks." Smiling, the on-air switch was flicked off and he removed his headset, stretching contently. You should be waking up any moment, so it would be best if he started on some breakfast. Zandor slipped under the door, joining Alastor as he stood up from his desk and straightened his bowtie. "Is she alright?"
"You worry too much," he belittled the man, invoking him to roll his eyes. "All for a good cause, my friend!"

The Loa scowled at his host. "Is she truly just entertainment for you now, Alastor?" A silence dawned itself upon the room, Alastor choosing his words carefully. "I believe she is a woman. Therefore, she deserves to be treated as such. Not just as a child's plaything," he twirled his wrist and left the area, heading down the corridor towards the stairwell. Zandor huffed. "Why do you attempt to lie to me?" Alastor glared at his companion, "I have done nothing of the sort." He made his way into the kitchen, the Loa following closely behind. "You're lying to yourself, then." With a frown, Alastor shooed the creature away. "Don't ruin my morning." Silently, Zandor nodded and slinked off, leaving Alastor to wallow in his own thoughts.