Chapter 16

Authors note:
What characters look like above⬆️

Jacob POV:

Jasmine and I have no classes together, so I told her I'd meet her after school because as the boys said we ain't got no practice.

Right now I was heading into Art class with Anthony and he was telling me something about this new guy who's like a legend in the school or something.

"so who's this guy you was telling me about."
" who? Malik?" He said looking at me.
" yeah, what's up with him?" I said shrugging.
" Bruh, you don't remember, Malik Johnson. the star quarter back we had on our school football team." He said wide eyed.

I stopped and thought for a minute, then it hit me.

Malik Johnson.

The star player of last years football season, this dude was my idol. Tenth grade and was already playing like he was in the NFL.

"so why is he such a hot topic now?" I asked looking at Anthony.
" well when he left last year, no one really mentioned him much. But now he's back, so people starting to talk" Anthony said shrugging.
" but seriously Perez, this boy was a real player. I mean top colleges wanted this dude and he was just in the tenth grade."

" yeah I know, I was a fan too." I said nodding.

" But wait. he's the guy with all those trophies in our hall of fame right?" I added fully interested now.
" yeah, that's him." Anthony said nodding. "made it as MVP and won state championships all in one year." He added as he opened the door to class.
" I gotta meet this dude" I said smiling.
" it would be good if you did too" Anthony said as we sat down.
" why is that?" I said flipping to a new page on the sketch pad.
" cause he would be the best guy to teach you how to get to the top and stay there." he said looking at me.

I thought about it and figured Anthony was right. I mean this Malik guy is my age and doing it big. I admire his rank and him getting to know me better this year, would heighten my chances for this scholarship, because even though we don't play the same sport. He knows how to run a good game and he associates with those sports scouts that come to look out for star players every now and then.

"Yeah man, I think you right on that one" I said.
"of course I'm right, I'm me" he said popping his collar. I just shook my head at his arrogance.

"plus If y'all do get along, we'd be invited to all them exclusive after parties. Drinks!Dancing!Girls! Oohh I could just see myself now." He said smiling and looking off into the distance.

"uh.....idk if you remember, but I got a girl" I said tilting my head in his direction.
"But I don't! Which is why I need to keep my options open." He semi yelled only now starting his drawing.
" well, before all of that happens." I said catching his attention. " I actually need to meet the guy first."
" easy, I already got that part down. Just remember when you meet him, to act cool, like me." He said smiling.

"Whatever, but if you do get this set up, just know I'd appreciate it big time." I said truthfully.
" don't even worry about it, I got you bro" he said emphasizing the last part.
" sounds like a plan" I replied, carrying out our handshake.

Y/n POV:
I was in study hall with my headphones in and I was tryna get this last minute homework done. I always forgot about Spanish.

I was bopping my head to the echoes of Jhene Aiko and randomly looked up to see the 2 other chairs at my table pull out.
Kayla and Brianna sat down, smiling.
Almost too much smiling, if you ask me.

They signaled they wanted to talk, so I took my headphones out.

"Was up, haven't seen you guys all day" I said awaiting their reply.
" were good" Brianna said glancing at Kayla. " right Kayla"
" yeah girl, I'm fabulous actually" she said flipping her bangs out her face.
"you look good today" Brianna said nodding towards me. " you tryna dress to impress" she said winking on the last part.
I shook my head. "not really"
"I agree, have you done something wit your eyebrows or is it your hair?." Kayla said looking at me closely. "Anyone ever tell you that you could look like Keri Hilson?" Brianna added.
I looked closely at both of them.