Chapter 24

" you came." She smiled touching my arm.

I nodded. "we're you anticipating my arrival."

" I guess, plus you promised you'd come too."

" true." I admitted. "so what's good wit you."

" nothing new, just living life."

"Cool you enjoying the party." I asked looking around at the crowded area.

" yeah it's fine, just the same as always though." She shrugged as a couple strands of hair fell in front her face.

" what do you mean?"

She looked at me and sighed.

"Well you know the dark lighting, alcohol ingested teens everywhere, people getting high, girls hardly wearing clothes, boys constantly coming up and ask me to dance." She ranted.  " it's like a cycle you know."

" yeah I get you." I agreed. 

"but hey about the boys asking you out thing. you can't blame a player for trying right? You honestly look really great tonight." I added giving a sly grin as her cheeks turned the deepest red.

She tucked a strand of hair behind her ear. " just great."

The sly smirk I had before disheveled a little. of course you idiot!  She's  a freaking goddess/ angel straight from heaven. And you come up with great. Real smooth Jay, real smooth.

I ran my hand through my hair, my hands sweating by the minute.

" sorry....uh...your-you look better than great....nice."

Idiot! nice is worse than great. Why am I so freaking nervous right now?

"I mean you look...gr-nice every nig- I mean day not just tonight bu-" I stalled as I scratched behind my head.

I looked ahead as her gentle face scrunched  up in confusion, but later her lips tugged into a small smile.

" Jacob it's okay I was just kidding." She giggled, reaching out to touch my forearm.

"do you really think I care what word you choose?" She questioned.

My shoulders immediately relaxed as if a boulder was lifted off. I leaned back on the counter and blowed air from my lips.

" nah I knew." The lie coming out worse than I thought it would.

She pursed her lips and crossed her arms over her chest, causing her dress to slide down a bit. Showing some intense cleavage.

Lord please save me from sin.

" hmmnm you sure about that mr. Stutterer." She said mocking some of the things I said.

I smiled, turning my head the other way and as I came back to her gaze, I reluctantly tried to keep my eyes up from the view she was giving me.

"man I was just tryna play along with you, know what am saying?"

" uh uh I think mr. Hotshot over here was nervous" she sang coming closer towards my face.

I immediately started shaking my head.

" see that's where your wrong sweetie." I countered, taking a sip of the Coke I had came in here with.