Chapter 20 {Part 2}

" chres look up!" I yelled as he dribbled the ball down the court.

He tried to pass it but the defender blocked it and the ball rolled away. I immediately charged towards it but was too late as I saw the familiar yellow shoe stop it and pick it up.

Shit.

Sean smirked at my expressed agitation and dribbled the ball side to side. He faked a right and then left pass but I wasn't finna let him get off easy.

"Intimidated." he whispered.

"Barely" I snarled.

He slyly grinned and bumped the ball quickly through his legs. I watched closely at his tactics but he just kept doing that same movement. I found myself get a little dizzy just watching the ball and I stumbled a little. In that instant Sean took the time to pass right by me and make a half-sloppy layup.

"Yeah baby!" He screamed as he ran around the court giving  high fives to his teammates.

I laid my hands on my head and closed my eyes. How did I fall for that trick?

There was basically 2 mins on the clock and we were down by 8. It seemed like an easy task, but with the other team suddenly ranking up on their defense and their idiot of a point guard, we might have some difficulty.

" bring it in!" I called to the guys. I signaled the referees and they blew their whistle in confirmation.

" alright guys" I sighed as I rubbed my temples. " we gotta start business out there okay."

I peeked around the circle and saw nods.

"yeah but jay these guys clearly don't understand personal space cause they all up on me in there!"  Anthony whined.

" yeah man and I can't stand that Point guard! like okay we get it, you made a goddamn layup! Big whoop." Ray scowled.

I rolled my eyes. "tell me about it"

"But hey, don't give up guys. Cause look, since they stepped up their defense. All we gotta do, is step ours up 100 times more."

"But jay they-"

I shook my head. "Ayy don't worry about them, okay."

"whatever they throw at us were gonna catch it and just remember were going to this championship and NOBODY is gonna take that away from us." I continued.

" aight jay we hear you" Ray nodded.

" yeah jay, just this once your allowed to boss me around" Anthony added.

" like I don't already do that." I chuckled. " anyway hands in"

We made a pile of our hands in the middle and did our little chant throwing our hands in the air at the end.

Everyone started heading towards their position area and I spotted my boys.

" Ay boys, come here for a second." I shouted to them.

Ray, chres and Anthony looked at each other then jogged over.

" look I want y'all to take on specific players alright."

" so you want us to man-up" Anthony said.

" exactly" I nodded. " Ray you take 19, chres take 24, and..."

"yah man who I got, who am I schooling tonight." Anthony butted in rubbing his hands together.

" uh you, oh I got someone special for you buddy. Number 21" I smiled.