Chapter 25

Jacob POV:
I peered through, my eyes squinting, but I couldn't find...oh-

"Ray!" I shouted watching his braids bounce as he quickly turned around.

" ayy Jay, wats up man." He smirked holding out a fist for me to bump.

" I'm alright." I shrugged.

"uh....you going all out tonight." I added pointing to the two drinks in his hand.

He looked down then gave me a sour face. " nah one for me one for Kayla."

"Okay, just checking"

" whatever." He breathed. "did you find her?"

I scrunched up my face in confusion.

"Who?"

He rolled his eyes. " you know the girl your madly in love with at the moment, and your trying to scoop her up even though you got a so called girl."

I kept looking at him cause at the moment I zoned out.

" y/n." He said lazily.

My eyes lit up. " oh yeah I knew that."

" and I'm not madly in love wit her, i just wanna talk." I admitted.

" says the one who can't stop smiling whenever someone says her name." He smirked.

I shook my head and took a seat at the counter behind Ray. "I don't do that"

When I looked up I found him still looking at me with his head cocked to one side. " hmmmm"

"I'm serious." I exclaimed. "Plus I just wanted to talk to her and let her know I still wanna be close with her."

" yeahhh real close I bet." He said taking a sip of his drink.

" I heard that and I'll have you know. That-"

" yeah yeah so how'd it go." He interrupted.

Damn! I was hoping he wouldn't ask

I leaned against the counter, scratching behind my head.

" well you know, uh we talked."

" hmmm andddd." Ray dragged on.

I swear he act like a girl when it come to gossip.

" she was feeling it and there was a couple smiles." I smiled right then remembering our conversation.

"Yeah and now y'all together and y'all finna get married."  Ray sighed looking straight at me.

I shook my head. " nah man I wish."

" what you mean man?" He cooed. "You did tell her how you feel about her right"

I bit the inside of my cheek.

" naw man cmon, please tell me you told her." He whined leaning towards me.

I hid my hands in my pockets. " I tried but-"

I sighed thinking back.

" that Malik dude popped up and she ran off wit him." I explained as I looked at Ray.

Rays face fell a little and a bit of worry crept on it.

" well Jay I mean, as I said before they're probably just good f-"