Chapter 23

"aight vanilla, strawberry, chocolate....ew apricot banana swirl."

Right now I was walking through the frozen foods isle in trader joe's tryna figure out a good ice cream flavor.
But I couldn't seem to decide what my tastebuds wanted.

I opened the freezer as I got engulfed in  white cold mist reaching for vanilla and strawberry shortcake. I let the freezer door close as I held both flavors in my hand.

" ok it's between these two." I whispered. " but which ones the best."

" wea and I like the pink one."

I jumped a little, then turned around to find a small maybe about 4-5 year old little girl looking up at me. She was actually pretty swagged out for her age, with the gold chain and pink timbs.

I raised one eyebrow and held up the strawberry flavor. "really.... you think so."

She nods. "It's yummy."

I chuckle. " alright well... thanks I guess I'll give it a try then."

" you welcwome ."

" hey, what's your name anyway."  I said putting the vanilla back in the freezer.

" Kyra" she giggled.

" well hey kyra I'm Jacob." I said squatting down to her level.

She smiles. " your hairs weally big."

I chuckled. " I know, it's like a cloud, you wanna touch it."

She nodded and I bent my head lower, allowing her small hands to tug it a little.

" it's soft wike a cwoud too." She gasped.

" yeah it's pretty cool" I nodded. 

"are you here by yourself."  I added.

She shook her head and smiled. "nooo, Aunty Wea's with me."

" okay...where is she?"

She shrugged. " I dwont know, I ran away."

I chuckled and stood back up.

I put my hand out for her to take.

"Alright, maybe we should go fi-"

" kyra, kyra cmon where are you." I heard  a girls voice practically yelling before I could finish my sentence.

" wea wea!" Kyra yelled at the girl.

The girl turned around and you could see a look of relief wash upon her face as she speed walked over to us. She  looked familiar tho.

" that's aunty wea." Kyra said looking up to me and pointing to the girl heading our way.

As soon as she got to us she bent down, scooping kyra up and hugging her to her chest. barely noticing me.

" oh kyra, you got me so scared  I've been looking for you forever."

She let go of her and put her down holding her hand.