aurora VII

If there was one thing Aurora learned about her cousin over the week they'd spent together, it's that Rhaenys was very difficult to argue with. One look and she's already won the argument. Aurora thought this was incredible until it was turned on her. Now, she just thinks it's unfair.

Aurora slowly walked back to the table, trying to delay this by any means possible. She knew how Rhaenys would look at her once the truth was out. She didn't want to see it. She was still reeling over her most recent vision. She grabbed an old cloth on her way back to the table to clean herself up. She didn't need to look up from her scribblings of older visions to know Rhaenys was watching her.

She sat down, placing the parchments in front of her cousin, before she wiped at her face and gloves to get rid of the glowing liquid.

"It comes out like that?" Rhaenys' voice held something.

Aurora nodded, "Yes."

She debated not telling Rhaenys about the healing aspect, but decided that if she were to be completely honest, then she would need to be completely honest. She sighed, "One more thing."

She reached into her cup of crafting supplies and pulled out a needle. She quickly dug it into her finger, ignoring Rhaenys calling out softly. She held up her finger to show the dot of blood before she grimaced and took her finger into her mouth. She held back a gag as her tongue touched the thick liquid. Just as quickly as she put it in, she yanked her finger out. She showed her finger to Rhaenys.

"How..?" Rhaenys grabbed her hand, inspecting the freshly healed wound.

Aurora shrugged, "I don't know. It's always done that."

Rhaenys gripped her hand, leaning forward, "Does anyone else know?"

She nodded, "My father does. Sometimes he takes some."

He hadn't taken any in many moons. Since before she started writing to Rhaenyra. He never takes too much, just enough. Aurora never thought anything of it. If anything, she was glad to help.

"He takes your blood?" Rhaenys looked angry. Aurora hoped it wasn't directed at her.

"I don't mind. If it helps," Aurora stated.

Rhaenys gave her a look. She knew it all too well. Pity.

Aurora spoke before Rhaenys could, "He doesn't know about my visions. Two people, including you, know. Rhaenyra knows something is going on, but that's my fault. I shouldn't have worried her like that."

"Who else?"

Aurora shook her head, "I can't say."

"Why not?"

"It's not my place."

Rhaenys sighed, "Can you tell me about them?"

Aurora almost shook her head. But, she nodded, "Yes."

She paused after that. How does she even explain it? She thought back to how she explained it to Helaena. She spoke, "I don't know what they are. Or why they happen. Or what causes them. They just happen."

She pushed the parchments closer to Rhaenys, letting her read through them. In order to distract herself from the older woman's changing expressions as she read, she thought back to her recent vision.

She was in a room. There were bars where the door should be. A cage, she thought. She didn't know. There was a voice to her left. It was an older man. She didn't recognize him. He was speaking to her.

"I can't help but wonder. Does your blood work when you're dead?"

She didn't know that answer. Hands grabbed her. Her face was plunged into something. Water? She couldn't breathe. There was a voice in her head.