aegon VI

She wasn't there. Aegon had a sinking feeling during their flight that she wouldn't be there. The only thing they managed to find out was that Larys Strong wasn't there either.

----------------------------

"What do you want with Larys?" Lord Strong asked them. Aegon looked closely at him as his brother tore apart the clubfooted lord's room. It was so obvious that this man was the father of his nephews.

"Where is he?" Aegon watched as Aemond stopped his helpless search and stormed out of the room.

Harwin Strong's eyes followed him, "Where's he going?"

"Answer my question. Where is your useless brother?" Aegon snapped at the man trying to follow after his little brother. If Aemond needed a minute after yet another disappointing search, Aegon would help him get that. He wouldn't be surprised if he found his little brother tearing apart more rooms in the supposedly haunted castle of Harrenhal.

"He's not here. Hasn't been in moons. He said he wanted to travel," Strong told him, growing more confused as crashes were heard from another room.

"Don't mind him. We've had a rather upsetting week," Aegon excused his brother's actions. Somehow along the way, Aegon had taken control of being the level headed one. He had to tap into something deep in his subconscious in order to take it. He wondered if his presumed 'big brother mode' clicked on once Aemond had broken down in his arms. He had been so busy being stuck in 'best friend mode' that he forgot he was also an older brother. He needed to be the level headed one. He needed to be the big brother.

"What's happened? Is everyone alright?" Harwin's voice turned worried.

"Your boys are fine. They're," he paused, chuckling as the word came to his mind, "Strong."

He felt somewhat amused as the Lord's face fell, "That's a treasonous statement, Prince Aegon."

Aegon laughed right in his face, "Yes, Rhaenyra will almost certainly have my head for that."

Rhaenyra couldn't hurt him even if she was forced to. The mere thought was actually laughable.

Harwin sighed, "What's happened, then? Is Rhaenyra alright?"

Aegon's skin crawled with the urge to start moving again after being still for so long. He could only be so level headed for so long. They didn't have the time to have a long chat and a few drinks. They got the information they needed, and it was time to go.

Aemond was angrily pacing beside Silverwing when Aegon reached the exit. The poor dragon was trying to calm her rider down but to no avail. Aemond looked back to him, a hidden plea in his eyes. Aegon nodded at him, telling him he was free to leave.

"Aegon! You cannot just storm in here, trash my castle, and then leave without answering my questions. Now tell me. What has happened?" Harwin caught his arm before he could leave as well.

"Your bastard of a brother and my cunt of a mother have stolen Rhaenyra's daughter, and we're trying to find her. Now, if you don't let me go right now, I will have Sunfyre burn this shithole to the ground," Aegon snapped at the man.

He watched the color drain from the man's face as he let go of Aegon's arm like it was on fire, "What?"

His tone was mystified as he spoke, his eyes glossing over. Aegon wondered what he said to make the strong man react like that, but he didn't have time to stay and find out. He had to get back to King's Landing. Gods, he couldn't wait to go home; he misses Dragonstone. And sleep.

------------------------------

The castle was asleep when he got back. He was alone; Aemond hadn't returned after he flew off. Aegon didn't expect him to return until the morning. That was fine. He was slowly learning that everyone coped with things in different ways. Helaena's method was being far too overbearing, almost mothering everyone she came across. Aemond's was shutting himself off from everyone that cared about him. Rhaenyra's was acting like she had it all figured out and like she wasn't hurting like everyone else was. Laenor's was never stopping long enough to deal with the emotions. Aegon's was also shutting everyone out, but he liked using humor to stop the seemingly never ending flow of miserable thoughts.