aurora XVIII

hi !!! this chapter is about torture. its not necessarily graphic but its kinda fucked up. so ive put asterisks on the days that kind of stuff happens. feel free to skip those if you dont want to read about torture <3

day one

Her limbs felt like steel that was thrice her body weight. Her eyes felt like they were nailed shut, and her brain felt like putty. She couldn't move, couldn't talk, and couldn't even think. Some forced her mouth open, it hurt, and something sweet entered her mouth. She had no time to guess what it was before she was unconscious again. 

-------------------------------------------------

day two

She still couldn't move her limbs. There was a dull ache in her side as well; that was new. This time, she could open her eyes. She immediately had to shut them when the bright light of the sun hit her eyes. She's outside.

She mustered up all of her energy to try and move. She only managed to move her shoulder slightly. If she could've, she would have screamed in frustration.

"Is the little one awake?" A voice called out from somewhere. She cracked her eye open, flinching when the glare of the sun hit it again. There was a man standing over her, just out of reach to be blocking the sun. Kidnapper or not, she wanted to beg him to take one step to the side. Her brain felt like it was being fried.

"Take care of it. He says she can't be awake for too long," a second voice said. She didn't recognize either voice.

Her brain barely registered what they had said before the first voice spoke again, "You've used too much Dreamwine on her. We're out."

"I was told to keep her asleep on the way. I did my job," the second voice said.

Aurora tried to move again, slightly moving her hand a bit. She had no time to celebrate before there was a heavy sigh and something hard slammed against her temple once again.

---------------------------------------------

*** day three ***

The next time she was able to open her eyes, she was inside. The room she was being kept in was only lit by three torches on the walls. She could see multiple figures in the room but no one's face was being illuminated.

She still couldn't move. She didn't want them to know she was awake, though. She shut her eyes quickly before anyone could notice she was awake to listen in on their conversation.

"I told you not to do this! She's only a child!" A woman's angry voice rang out.

"She's nine and ten; hardly a child, I'd say," another voice responded to her. It was a man, older if she was hearing it correctly. It didn't sound like one of the men she had heard on the road.

"What did she do to deserve being kidnapped? And so brutally, might I add," the woman defended her. Aurora decided that the woman was her favorite kidnapper. Oh, no, she really is delirious.

"We were only given a certain amount of Dreamwine. We had to make do," she recognized the voice as the second voice she had heard outside.

"And you've fed her what? It's been days!" The woman asked.

"Relax, Your Grace, we'll shove something down her throat when she wakes," the rude man replied. Your Grace?

"We won't have to wait long. The little dove is already awake," a new voice spoke. She instantly didn't like it. It sent shivers up her spine. She tried to think of a word to describe it. Slimy. That was it. It was slimy.