Chapter Nine

Melo and I were snuggled up with each other in bed watching TV when someone knocks on the door, I get up and look through the peep hole and see that it's Evoni, I open the door and she starts to talk.

Evoni: LaVar booked a dinner reservation for 7:00pm tonight downstairs at the restaurant.

Kehlani: alright, we'll be there.

I say closing the door and checking the time to see that it's 6pm now.

Kehlani: Baby, we have to start getting ready now.
I grab Melos bag and hand it to him so he doesn't have to get up. He grabs some clothes and I do too.

This is what I decide to wear:

With these heels:

I then do my makeup and hair and by the time I'm finished the time hits 6:50pm I walk out of the bathroom and Melo looks at me and stand up with his crutches and starts coming towards me

Melo: you look beautiful ma.
He says placing a kiss on my lips .

We then both walk out of the hotel room and head to the restaurant.

We see the family sitting down with the camera crew around them and we walk over to them. I sit in between Melo and Evoni and we all look at the menu, I decide to get the carbonara pasta and Melo grabs steak and fries. We all order our food and about 20 minutes later it all arrives.

LaVar: Okay, so we are all here for a special occasion tonight.
He says directing everybody's attention to him.

LaVar: Lonzo got early acceptance to UCLA, he starts next month!

I look at Lonzo in excitement and get up and give him a hug.

Kehlani: IM SO PROUD OF YOUU!!

Everyone congratulates Lonzo except Melo. Melo just sits there silently unfazed by the news.

I notice and sit back down next to him...

Eventually everyone finishes their food and we all start to head back to our rooms. I say goodnight to everyone and head inside the hotel room after Melo.

Kehlani: What's wrong with you?

Melo: what are you on about?

Kehlani: I mean when everyone got the news about Lonzo getting early acceptance everyone was happy and congratulating him but you.

Melo: Good for him.

Kehlani: He's your brother Melo, you should be happy for him.

Melo: Good for him! At least he can play ball whilst I'm just stuck in this stupid cast for 8 weeks sitting on the side of all my basketball games.

Kehlani: I'm sorry Melo, but not everything is about you.

Melo: the fuck you mean by that?

Kehlani: I get that your injured but that's not Zo's fault, it's not anyones fault so you shouldn't be mad at your family just because something good happened to Zo and not you. Your an amazing player Melo, I've seen you do things in basketball that no other basketball player could. Your gonna go places when your older, it may not be now but in the future it will be.

Melo: how do you know that tho?

Kehlani: I just do.

Melo: thanks Lani, and sorry for getting mad before everything's just stressful for me at the moment.

Kehlani: I get that, maybe I could help you release some of that stress.

Melo: I like the sound of dat.

I straddle Myself on top of his lap, kissing his lips. Things start to get heated and you know what happened after that. 😏

_____________________

End of chapter Nine!
Sorry for the short chapter y'all!

Also in the next chapter I'm gonna skip to 2 months later x