Chapter Eighteen

It's been almost half a year since LaMelo and I started living together in Ohio, things were going well I mean obviously Melo and I have had our arguments and shit like that but we always bounce back tonight was a championship game before he end of the semester. LaMelo was getting ready for the game. 

1 hour passes and we're both ready to go to the game. I had got in the car waiting for Melo to come out, he comes out with his nike duffle bag throwing it in the back seat and gets in the car. 

Kehlani: Ready to go? you got everything? 

LaMelo: yeah. 

I begin to drive off to the academy 10 minutes later we arrive and I park in the student only parking which was right near the indoor courts. Melo hops out the car and grabs his bag and I get out locking the car. LaMelo Jogs into the hall and I walk behind him. 

He runs over to the team and I see the cheerleaders in the corner of the hall in front of all the guest. I sit down in the reserved vip seats and Melo looks over at me and then looks away. The game alarm goes off and Melo and his teammates run on the court taking their places. the ref blows his whistle and the game starts. 

5 minutes in the game and Melo's team had already scored 6 points while the other had 0. The game continues and Melo's teams leading, Melo scores a goal and then points at me, I smile and then look over to the corner feeling eyes on me. I see one of the cheerleaders eyeing me down giving me a dirty look, I roll my eyes and focus on LaMelo 7 minutes go by and the first quarter alarm goes off, LaMelo's team was on 12points and still In the lead while the other team was on 6. The cheerleaders go on for 5 minutes and then the 2nd quarter starts. 68 minutes go past a they were down to the last minute in the clock. Melo gets the ball and scores from the middle of the court. the timer buzzes and The team go crazy surrounding Melo. LaMelo's team won with 117 points whiles the other team scored 82 points. The judge of the game announces the winners which was obviously LaMelo's team. 

As LaMelos on the court the cheerleader that gave me a dirty look walks up to him whispering in his ear causing him to smile, she hands him something and then she walks off smiling. I look at Melo disgusted and he looks at me worried, I walk out of the hall and he follows behind me but gets stopped by his team mates. 

5 minutes later Melo comes out and runs over to me.

LaMelo: Hey, hey where you goin' 

Kehlani: home. 

LaMelo: what's wrong? 

I ignore Melo but clench my jaw.

LaMelo: aight, well I'll be home later den. 

Kehlani: where you goin' 

LaMelo: me and the team were finna hit up a party since we won the championships. 

Kehlani: your lil cheerleader gonna be there?

Melo looks at me all serious. 

LaMelo: Is that what's got you so mad? babe she's nobody. 

Kehlani:  sure as hell, looks like somebody to you. with her whispering in your ear hanging you notes and looking at me dirty. 

LaMelo: She just said that I looked good on the court and the note had her number in it but I threw it out. 

Kehlani: Aight, then I'm sorry. 

LaMelo: You wanna come to the party? 

Kehlani: Nah it's your party, I'll see you at home.