Chapter Twenty-Nine

Lamelo and I were back in Charlotte after 3 weeks of being in Chino. I was in the babies room doing the finishing touches such as the cot, changing table, and decorating. I was painting the spots that needed painting when all of a sudden I feel hands wrapped around me causing me to jump.

I turn around to see Melo.

Kehlani: you scared me! Why are you home early?

LaMelo: Coach let everyone off early.

Kehlani: when's your next game?

LaMelo: Tomorrow night 7pm

Kehlani: Aight cool.

LaMelo: what were you thinking about naming her?

Kehlani: I'm not sure yet I was leaning towards A'marli.

LaMelo: A'marli, I like it.

Kehlani: yeah, are you hungry?

LaMelo: Always, what have you made?

Kehlani: I made some marinated chicken wings. There in the oven.

LaMelo: Thanks baby, you eating?

Kehlani: I'm not really hungry.

LaMelo: What about the baby?

Kehlani: I'll just have some toast or something.

LaMelo: Aight, I'll make it for you.

Kehlani: Thank You. Once I'm finished I take a photo of the room

A'marli's Room:

I go downstairs walking over to Melo and we both sit on the couch and eat

~~~1 and 1/2 months later~~~

I was at a doctor's appointment while LaMelo was at basketball training. I was getting an ultrasound just to check up on A'marli and make sure everything was good and healthy.

Doctor: The baby is looking well and healthy, from what I can see she is looking like she has fully developed her physical features, hands, toes, fingers, face and features. She is starting to put her head down toward the uterus signalling that she is most likely getting ready to come out, Would you like me to print these out?

Kehlani: yes please.

Doctor: I'll be back in 10-15 minutes.

I just sit there and call Melo hoping he'll answer.

Phone Call:

LaMelo: Hey, how'd the ultrasound go?

Kehlani: It went well, the doctor's just printing out the ultrasound photos and then I'm gonna head home, he said that all her physical features and stuff are fully developed now.