Chapter Twenty-Four

(1 year later)

It was the start of a new year, I was on a plane heading back to Chino to spend time with my family for New Years. My plane was landing... Once the plane had landed I saw my father standing at his car I run over hugging him and he hugs me back. He than grabs my bags and puts them in the car and starts driving home, when we get there I see Evoni, Gelo and Livarni who was now 2 years old and walking I gave them all hug as well as my mum, who was cooking in the kitchen.

Evoni: Mum, do you want me to start taking things over?

Kehlani: over where?

Dad: We're spending New Years at the Balls residence.

As my dad says that my heart drops cause that only means one thing...

I grab some things from the kitchen and we all start walking over to the Balls house... My mum rings the Bell and a face that I was hoping I'd never have to see again answers the door smiling, he looks at me and his smile slowly fades...

Dad: Can we come in?

LaMelo: yea, Yeah sorry come in. Welcome.

Everyone walks in, me being the last Melo closes the door behind me and I walk without turning around to see him. However I could feel his eyes burning the back of my head. Everyone but mum and Tina sit outside. Melo sits across me and the tension was real...

LaVar: Well, well, well. Isn't that a rare sight to see. Kehlani Jordan It's been a while!

He says coming over hugging me while I'm sitting down. LaMelo's eyes were on me and I looked at him we both quickly looked away... All of a sudden a face that I definitely did not wanna see comes out the door walking over to LaMelo kissing him.

Ana: Hey baby, sorry I'm late. I was getting ready.

It was the cougar. She looks at me in shock coming to realisation and looking at me dirty. But introducing herself to my family.

Ana: Hey, I'm Analicia Chaves. Melo's girlfriend.

The words I was hoping never to hear came out of her mouth... Melo looked at me but quickly looked away so his lil old girlfriend didn't notice. Evoni rubs my back and starts talking to me.

Evoni: Sooo, how have you been? what's new?

Kehlani: Umm nothing much, just really focusing on my work right now.

Evoni: You seeing anyone?

I feel LaMelo's eyes on me as soon as Evoni said that. Every part of me wanted to lie and say that I was to see how LaMelo would react but I decided to tell the truth.

Kehlani: Nah, I'm just really focused on my work right now. I don't need any distractions.

Evoni: I feel you girl.

Ana: So Kehlani, Is it true that you slept with Drake?

I look at this girl like bitch is you serious...

Kehlani: nope, we just friends.

Ana: So why haven't you been seeing anyone? Is there another reason other than you're just focussing on your work?

I knew where the conversation was going and I looked at Melo knowing the only reason I haven't been seeing anyone was because I was still madly inlove with him...

Kehlani: Nope, just work.

Ana: Right, Baby why you so quiet.

She says putting her hand in his hair "fixing it". when I knew she was tryna see a reaction out of me.