Chapter Fifteen

Warning: Chapter contains a topic that may be upsetting for some viewers mention of (Rape) If you find this topic upsetting I recommend skip to the next chapter. 

(1 Month Later)

It's been officially 1 month since I've been back in Chino, a lot had happened with the investigation between LaMelo and Ashley. and today was officially the court date. I was with Melo and we were both getting dressed for the court. He wore a suit and tie and I had wore a business casual dress. LaVar had called us downstairs and our car had arrived. Melo, LaVar, Li'Angelo and I had all got in the car and our families followed behind us. 

LaVar: Raquelle's gonna meet us there. 

the car ride was silent and I could tell Melo was anxious he was picking at his fingers and his legs were shaking, I grabbed his hand and he pulled it up to his mouth and kissed it. 

We eventually arrived at the court and there was a lot of  press and paparazzi there. 

LaMelo: How did the public know about this !?

LaVar: I don't know. 

LaVar checks his phone and sees a notification from buzz feed and opens it. 

BuzzFeed: 

LaMelo Ball's ex-girlfriend Ashley Alvano goes public on Instagram about the two going to court today for reasons unknown, What happened? stay tuned for more information. 

_____________________

LaVar: Ashley. it was an agreement that this was to stay quiet, this will help us in court tho. 

LaVar and Li'Angelo hop out and close the door. Melo starts to panic and I grab his hands. 

Kehlani: Everything's gonna be okay, breathe. I'm here. We're gonna win this okay? I love you. 

I say kissing him, he kisses me back and starts to breathe normally. 

Kehlani: you ready? 

Melo nods and I open the door. I get out first and he I grab his hand as he comes out. the press crowd us and start putting microphones in our faces. 

Press: Is it true that you got Ashley Alvano pregnant? 

Press: what is your opinion on all this Kehlani? 

Press: why are you going to court today? 

Melo and I push through the crowd with security entering the building. I see Ashley with her public defence lawyer and I had to fight every urge in my body to not walk over and slap the hoe.  

We see Raquelle and we all walk over to her. we enter the court room and Melo sits in front with his father, Li'Angelo and the Lawyer. Our families and myself sit behind him and my sister sits next to me holding my hand. 

I see Nadia my ex-bestfriend walk in as she is a witness and feel hopeful. 

the Judge then sits down and hits the table with the wooden hammer.