Chapter 24:

Scarlett's POV

I was almost done and ready to go when Carina knocked on my door.

Carina:"Morning bambina. How did you sleep?"

Me: "Okay, I guess."

Carina: "Would it be okay for you to come to the hospital with me today", she asked.

I started to panic.

Me: "Why?"

Carina: "You know a normal child would be happy not having to go to school", she laughed.

I chuckled.

Me: "Really?"

Carina: "Yeah, I thought you could use a break. You're not sleeping well and we know that", she said raising her eyebrows.

I let out a little laugh.

Me: "Does Maya know?"

Carina: "Yes. And I can make decisions too you know", she chuckled.

Me: "Okay", I said with a smile.

Carina: "Ok. We need to leave at 7."

I nodded and she left my room again.

At the hospital:

Carina: "You haven't been to work with me for a long time. Everyone's been asking about you already", she said as we headed to her office.

I smiled.

I didn't mind accompanying Maya and Carina to work. It was kind of fun to see everything they do.

I enjoyed it when she got annoyed with an intern the most though. She would always start freaking out in Italian and say really funny things and the others had no idea.

Jo was waiting in her office, with a bunch of files in her arm.

Jo: "Oh hey. I haven't seen you in ages. It's nice to see your face again."

I chuckled.

Jo: "Wait shouldn't you be in school?"

I shrugged.

Carina: "What's school?"

Jo: "Oh you know...the place that educates children."

Carina: "Uh, that's overrated. She can learn a lot more at the hospital", she said putting on her scrubs.

Jo: "You're lucky", she whispered.

Carina: "Okay, what can I do for you Jo", she said sitting down.

Jo: "I just got a bunch of patient files that need to be checked. Oh also Ms. Johnson is here, she said she's been having some pain."

Carina: "What pain?"

Jo looked at me and I couldn't help but laugh.

Me: "I'm old enough you know."

Jo: "Well, now you know", she said turning back to Carina.

Carina: "Ok, well follow me then."

We left her office and went over to her patient's room. I waited outside while she and Jo talked to her.

She had a couple of patients here and there, and I usually just followed her around or stayed in her office.

Me: "Hey, can I go to the bathroom?"

Carina: "Sure. Do you know where it is?"

Me: "Yup. Been here before, remember", I said with a smile.

I grabbed my bag and headed for the toilets. Unfortunately, Payton was right. I needed a higher dosage now.