Chapter 38:

Maya's POV

Carina: "Maya, come on wake up, we overslept", Carina gently shook me.

I jolted up in bed and quickly checked my phone.

Shoot!

I forgot to turn on my alarm yesterday.

Me: "You, bathroom first, me kids", I pointed between Carina and then me.

Carina nodded her head and sprinted to the bathroom.

I quickly ran to Ali's room and tried to wake her up.

Me: "Good morning, we need to hurry a little Mom overslept", I gently shook her.

Ali: "Mmh, noooo, I don't want to", she said burying her head in her pillow again.

Me: "Please come on, you don't want to be late for school."

Ali: "Mmh", she said falling back asleep.

Me: "Okay, five more minutes."

I quickly went to Scarlett's room and knocked on her door.

Me: "Morning honey, we overslept and need to...", I said while opening the door.

Scarlett was sitting at her desk, dressed and completely ready for the day.

Scarlett: "You need to hurry because you overslept", she chuckled.

I nodded my head.

Scarlett: "Okay. Go get ready I'll try my luck with Ali", she said getting up.

Me: "Thank you, baby, I owe you", I said kissing her head before running to the bathroom.

Scarlett's POV

Me: "Come on, time to get up", I said, pulling the blanket off of her.

Ali: "Mmh, I'm too tired", she yawned.

Me: "Well, I guess then I'll have to call the tickle monster", I said, starting to tickle her.

Ali broke into laughter and quickly got out of bed and ran into her bathroom.

Me: "Works every time", I said to myself.

I got out of her room and went into the kitchen to make some coffee.

I filled three to-go cans with coffee and Ali's water bottle for school, before whipping her up a quick sandwich and putting it into her lunchbox.

Carina: "Oh no, why didn't you say anything we could've done that", Carina said entering the kitchen.

Me: "You guys seemed...busy. Besides, I like doing it", I smiled.

Carina: "Thank you bambina", she said, before kissing my head.

Maya: "Okay done, everyone ready", Maya asked hysterically.

Carina: "Oh Scarlett, meet clipboard Maya", she laughed.

Maya: "Very funny."

Ali came running into the kitchen, dressed in a white unicorn t-shirt, a rainbow skirt, and some red leggings with polka dots.

Everyone was silent and I couldn't help but laugh a little.

Maya: "Okay...we don't have time to fix that right now, come on we need to leave", Maya said, grabbing all her stuff.

Carina: "Are we driving with...."

Maya: "Two cars. You take Ali I take Scarlett?"

Carina: "Sure thing", she said and we parted ways downstairs.