14

Nunew's POV

I look at Zee as he cleared his throat.

"Mom .." said Zee.

"What ? Isn't it true ? We can have the wedding soon since Nhu is finally moving to Thailand .. it'll be much easier .. am I right Nhu ?" She asked , holding my hand as I smile softly. She then look at the both of us as we stayed quiet , not knowing what to say.

"Don't you both want to get married as soon as possible ?" She asked as I look down.

"Mom .." said Zee.

"Of course we would love to get married as soon as possible .." he said making me look at him surprised.

"But ... Nhu is just settling down .. it would be too rushing and risky if we were to push the wedding earlier ..  me and Nhu if possible would want to settle down together .." he said , looking at me.

"But .. we also would love to take things super slow .. right baby ?" He asked.

"U-Uh .. Yes .." I stuttered as I was thrown aback.

"Then how long will I have to wait then ?" Asked his mom. We both didn't say anything.

"Don't tell me I must wait till you are back from New York ? Which is in 3 years time ?" She asked making me look at Zee confused.

"That's the only time we could get married." Said Zee as she then sigh.

"My poor Nhu has to wait that long to get married .. Nhu .. if you want to leave Zee now .. you can na .. I know my son doesn't care about anything but his work .." she said.

"Mom .." Said Zee making me hold her hand.

"Ma'am .." I cooed.

"Oh please don't call me Ma'am .. you are part of the family now .. call me mom .." she said as I chuckled.

"Mom .." I said.

"I am okay with waiting .. because I myself have goals to complete first .." I said.

Zee's POV.

I watch as Nunew tries to make mom feel better.

"And plus .. Zee is working hard for our future .. right Zee ?" Asked Nunew as he kicked my leg to follow along.

"Y-Yes , that's right .." I said , clearing my throat.

"But what if things goes wrong in between those 3 years hm ?" Asked Mom and I sigh.

"You don't have to be worry na ... nothing will happen .. because .. as long as we have each other , nothing in this world matters .." He said as I look at him. Did my heart just skipped a beat ?

"You know .. My aunt used to say that if two people loves each other .. they'll be together no matter what challenges they faced .." he said as mom sigh. Nunew looked at me as I nod.

"Fine .. but Zee Pruk. If you ever hurt Nhu , I am going to strangle you ! You hear me !" Scolded mom making Nunew giggle.

"Let's continue eating .." she said as Nunew nod. I look down to my food , frowning.I feel weird after hearing what Nunew said. I look up from my food , looking at Nunew who was talking to Mom as they ate. Nunew then turned to me , smiling slightly making my heart skipped a beat again.

"Aow , Zee Pruk. Snap out of it !" I mentally slapped myself , shaking my head.

Nunew's POV

"Do come and visit again hm .." said mom as I smile , nodding.

"Don't worry .. you'll see Nhu again .." said Zee as he held my waist. I chuckled, smiling awkwardly as Zee pulled me closer.

"You better .. I want to see my future son-in-law .." she said as she held my hand. I held it tightly , smiling.

"Then .. we'll take our leave first .." said Zee as she then nod , opening her arms. I chuckled , hugging her tightly.

"Stay safe honey .." she said and I nod. I then pulled away as Zee hugged his mom.

"We'll come again .." said Zee reassuringly making her nod. Zee then held my hand , nodding. We both walked towards our car , still holding hands. He open the car door for me as I got in. He closed the door , walking to his side. He got in as I waved to his mom. She smile , waving back. Zee waved before driving out of the place.

I then sigh in relief that it was all over.

"Nice acting." He said as he drove.

"Same goes to you." I said as he chuckled. I then frown , turning to him.

"Right , you are going to New York for three years ?" I asked curiously.

"Yep .." he said.

"Then what about the wedding ? You told your mom that we will be 'married' after you come back." I said.

"Relax .. we are a fake couple remember ? Once I leave for New York .. you are already free from this contract .." he said.

"And of course , I'll pay for whatever treatment your aunt needs .. it's a win-win situation .." he said and I frown.

"Then what will you tell your mom ?" I asked.

"I'll just say that something happened along the way that makes us break the engagement off .." he said.

"Wouldn't that hurt your mom ? It looks like she was really excited about us getting married .." I said feeling somewhat bad about lying.

"It would .. but I'll just say that I was the one in fault .. and I know she'll get over it eventually ... don't worry .. you don't have to worry about what happens in the future because I'll be handling it .." he said , smiling reassuringly. I then nod slowly , leaning back to the seat as I looked out the window. I then soon realized that not only will his mom be hurt .. Zee will have to take the blame for the both of us. Not only his mom will be hurt , Zee too will be hurt. I look at Zee who was driving , sighing. I then shook my head , frowning.

"What would I care about this ? Zee is right. I don't need to worry about this because at the end of the day .. we are a couple based on a deal. It's going to be a win-win situation for the both of us at the end of the one month contract." I thought. I breathe in and out , looking out the window.

Once we arrive back at home , I stretch my arms as we entered the house.

"Do you want anything to eat or are you still full ?" Asked Zee as he placed his car keys in the bowl.

"Oh , macarons woul-." I was cut off by a sound coming from the living room. I turned to Zee as he frown , hearing the same noise.

"Zee .." I said as he then slowly walked towards the living room. I follow him from the back and soon I saw a guy , sitting on the couch with a glass of wine.

"Jay .." said Zee making him turned.

"Hey bro .." said the guy as he got up , walking towards us.

"What the hell are you doing here ?" Asked Zee as I stood there confused.

"Can't I visit my business partner ?" He asked and soon he turned to me.

"And who is this beauty boy .." he said , looking at me with a smirk plastered on his face.