19. Lie

I turned around to the source of the voice, and it was the person in black. I took a step back. I could feel them smirk behind their mask.

"No, why are you walking away from me? I'm friendly," they said, as they held my shoulder.

I shut my eyes and screamed. Then I felt a pair of arms wrapped around me. The voice sounded familliar, but I didn't know who it was.

"Shh, stop screaming. It's not the end of the world. Wake up, Y/n," Jungkook's voice was heard.

I stopped screaming and finally woke up. I was on the same chair I was. Jungkook was in front of me with with his usual poker face. I began crying and then covered my face.

I heard him sigh and patted my back while I cried more.

"It's okay. It.. was just a.. n-nightmare. Jeon Jungkook, why did you stutter," he muttured, the last few words.

I smiled and giggled a little. I wiped my eyes, stood up from the chair and said, "I made dinner."

I saw a little pink on his cheeks and ears, as if he was blushing.

"Okay," he said, almost like a whisper, before leaving.

With Jungkook

Once you were out of sight, Jungkook ran towards the bathroom and leaned against the wall. He felt his cheeks and they felt warmer than usual. He looked at the mirror and saw himself, blushing.

He took a deep breath in and out several times until he calmed down. He changed into his normal clothes, then walked out of the bathroom.

He walked to the dining room and saw you placing two plates on the dining table. He unconsciously looked at you from head to toe, but stopped when you looked at him.

'Did he just look at me?' You thought.

You went back to rinsing the pot, while Jungkook looked at you once again.

'Why am I doing this? I shouldn't be looking at her. Why can't I stop!' Jungkook mentally screamed.

"So cute," Jungkook said, out loud.

"Who's cute?" you asked.

"I said nothing," he said, quickly.

You walked to him and asked him, "Are you okay? You look sick, today."

He shook his head and stood up, avoiding eye contact. He tried to leave, but you grabbed his arm as if you needed it.

"Tell me, Jungkook. Are you sick? These days.. your cheeks are always pink, and you feel really hot. Just tell me," you pleaded.

"I have.. um tuberculosis," he said.

"What?" you said as you looked at him, completely shocked.

"Yeah, tuberculosis," he scratched the back of his head as his laughed nervously.

Y/n's POV

I couldn't believe what I heard. Tuberculosis? My tight grip on his arm loosened. I grabbed his hand again, saying, "Jungkook, you need to go the hospital."

His face became pale.

"W-what? No, I hate hospitals," he pouted.

"Jungkook, it doesn't matter if you hate hospitals. You need to live!" I shouted, as tears rolled down my cheeks.

"Aish, I already went to the hospital. Stop the waterworks," he said, as he smacked my hand, and began eating.