Chapter - 83 Why did Dev do this?

As promised, this chapter is dedicated to MallikaMalladi, anjali0123456, r_eyansh, jeel125, RohanSahu1

Happy Reading 😊

Ambika was sitting on the dressing table and taking off her jewellery with big smile on her face. While Dev pratap was burning with fury seeing her smiling face.

"Ambika, have you sense and shame or not? You are smiling on your victory but didn't you see that girl's face as she was not looking happy for this proposal at all?"

Her smile got vanished, she turned at him, "I didn't notice anything what ever you are saying and I didn't force her to say yes to this proposal. Did I?"

"Don't try to be too smart in front of me. I know you well enough to be who you are?" He said gritting his teeth. "I know how far can you go to get your job done and who can know this better than me. Huh?"

She again turned towards the mirror, "It is good to hear that you know your wife very well." She looked at his figure on the mirror with a smile on her face. "That she breathes only after getting whatever she wants."

"I don't know Ambika why you are adamant to make Ruhi the daughter-in-law of this house when no one is happy with this relationship except you." He stood up from the bed and came near her. "We don't know about Abhimanyu because he only listens to you, so maybe he will do whatever you say without questioning you. But I will not involve in this marriage because I do not approve of this relationship."

"You can't do that, it is the question of the marriage of your only grandson," She said looking at him and stood up.

"If you want them to get married, do it grandly Ambika. But I will pray to God that this marriage do not happen."

"What are you saying? Please dont say this."

"I am saying right because that innocent girl is not at all happy with this marriage and I can see that, which you don't want to see. If you really not behind her yes, then I don't understand why she said yes to this marriage?" He said and started to move towards the door.

"Ji...woh..."

She called him but he didn't stop. He went from there, while mumbling, "Ruhi, now you will answer me why you said yes to this marriage? "

"No, nothing like that will happen," She said when he left the room, "Ruhi is absolutely perfect for my Abhimanyu. I will meet our guru ji tomorrow and get the horoscopes of both of them matched by him."

●○●○●○●○

Ruhi's room

Gauri came into her room with food when she didn't come downstair to have her dinner while she didn't eat anything since morning.

She looked for her and found she was sleeping in sitting position placing her head on the bed.

She placed food plate on the side table and sat near her. She saw that her hair was completely wet as few drops of water were falling from her hair. When she was removing her hair from her face, she found that she was burning in fever.

She shook her shoulder calling her, "Ruhi... Ruhi."

She opened her eyes hearing her voice and looked at her. She got straight seeing her, "You?" She tuck her hair behind her ear, "what are you doing here?"