Chapter - 95 Nightmare or Reality?

Surprise update ❤

Happy Reading 😊

He caressed her cheek with his thumb and said looking at her, "I didn't know that you would betray me, Ruh!!"

"No!!!"

Shrieking in fear, she woke up distraught because of the nightmare. She was drenched in sweat as beads of perspiration had formed on her forehead, her heart and her thoughts racing as she struggled to distinguish between the nightmare and reality. She was gasping for air as she was feeling breathless from a nightmare that felt all too real. She looked around to find Ernest there but he was nowhere in the room but Bruno was lying beside her on the carpet.

Her body was still trembling with fear and she was clinging to her blanket. Bruno woke up at her shrieking voice and sat near her.

She quickly embraced him and said while sobbing, "Bruno, I have not deliberately betrayed him. I did not want to do but was forced to do so for my choti maa. Please forgive me."

It is said that animals understand our sorrow. Seeing her, tears started coming from Bruno's eyes too.

He broke embrace and kept his hands on her shoulders looking at her like he was consoling her.

She smiled looking at his gesture and kissed his forehead.

"Thank you Bruno for consoling me. Davies sir is so lucky to have you. " She again kissed him cupping his face.

"Bruno, I promise. I will destroy those papers as soon as my choti ma's operation will be successful.

I will not betray him. After whatever he has done for me today, I can never even dream of betraying him," She said and again embraced him and looked outside because it was raining heavily.

●○●○●○●○

"knock - Knock"

She woke up to a knock on the door and looked beside her as Bruno was sleeping peacefully.

She smiled seeing him and then the head maid entered in the room.

"Good morning Ruhi," she said in cheerful tone."I hope you slept well."

She nodded and asked as she's been wanting to confirm something.

"Aunty, did you come into the room yesterday after I slept?" She asked, caressing Bruno's head looking at him.

"I had not come, Davis sir must have come," The blood drained from Ruhi's face as she heard Davies name and looked at Meena who was pouring the tea into the cup from the kettle.

"Do you know," She turned at her, "he called me at night and asked which room you have shifted to?" She said while giving her tea with a big smile on her face.